• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet 440 field find

Are you eventually going yo paint it complete yourself ? Your paint booth seemed to work well

The car is low to the ground so I can reach........... :)

IMG_5469[1].JPG

And then..........but I forgot to take pics at the beginning. Basically, I clamped it in position at the front and rear window frames. Then I folded one half over and sprayed the glue on both the roof and the top. Once dryish to the touch, with the help of my wife, we folded it over and pressed it down. Then repeat for the other side. Once the main top was positioned, I did the sail panels, drip rails and windshield posts in that order. Then I installed the chrome. There have been many conversations regarding two sizes of drip rail trim for vinyl and non cars. The trim I have is from non and it fits beautifully.

IMG_5470.JPG
IMG_5472.JPG
IMG_5473.JPG
IMG_5474.JPG
IMG_5476.JPG
IMG_5477.JPG
IMG_5478.JPG
IMG_5479.JPG
IMG_5480.JPG

These are some shots of the engine bay to show the Champion radiator installed. It was a nice fit and looks great. I ran the car around the yard for a while and it seemed to be a fine combo.

IMG_5481.JPG
IMG_5482.JPG
IMG_5483.JPG
IMG_5484.JPG
IMG_5486.JPG
IMG_5487.JPG
IMG_5488.JPG
IMG_5489.JPG
IMG_5490.JPG
IMG_5491.JPG

Thank you mr. b. I am happy with it. One thing I really need to work on, is do the passenger side first. That way all your learning errors or mistakes will not be in your face every time you walk up to the car!

I roped the back window in, That wasn't too bad, installed the chrome trim, installed the rear panels, installed the window felts, installed the package tray and buttoned up the rear seat area. The felts i got required drilling holes for screws to attach them. This is because the originals were stapled. I so need a back seat!

IMG_5493[1].JPG
IMG_5494[1].JPG

IMG_5495[1].JPG
IMG_5497[1].JPG
IMG_5498[1].JPG
IMG_5499[1].JPG
IMG_5500[1].JPG

Last edited:
I roped the back window in, That wasn't too bad, installed the chrome trim, installed the rear panels, installed the window felts, installed thew package tray and buttoned up the rear seat area. The felts i got required drilling holes for screws to attach them. This is because the originals were stapled. I so need a back seat!

View attachment 534135 View attachment 534136 View attachment 534137 View attachment 534138 View attachment 534139 View attachment 534140
You looking to buy one? I have a back seat I won’t be using out of my 67

Well, honestly this one has good frames but it will require everything else to be replaced. It is very dry. I could rebuild it with Legendary stuff, but I really don't want new in the interior. It won't meld with the rest. I would love to buy your seat, I think I saw it already, but shipping would surely be ridiculous. I'm not worried about using the 66 pattern as long as I get a black one.

I'm glad to see that your little helper is still involved; but am concerned about the 68 not being front and center. Has that son lost interest? At any rate the 66 is looking beautiful. Wayne

Thank you Wayne. Actually the economy took a pretty big downturn up here and he lost his position where he was employed. He has been doing other work, but he is a second year welder. Just a week ago he finally landed another good welding job and will be making decent money again. We have been talking about his car more now too. I think he is going to get some stuff accomplished soon. Plus, I brought home an enticer to get him motivated. I am already tearing into it so he should soon get the bug too!

IMG_5545.JPG
IMG_5587.JPG

Thank you very much. I now have to wait for months until it will get out the door again. Man I sometimes wish I lived where it didn't snow! But I actually don't like extreme heat either! In any case, it should be a great cruiser once the summer roles around again!

Thank you very much. I now have to wait for months until it will get out the door again. Man I sometimes wish I lived where it didn't snow! But I actually don't like extreme heat either! In any case, it should be a great cruiser once the summer roles around again!
The heat here for Mopars is the same as your snow season....

I love the early molars...just something about them...

Auto Transport Service
Back