• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet Center Console Question

Daniel Krause

Local time
5:00 AM
Reaction score
So, I’ve looked through the parts book with no success. and went ahead and ordered David Wise’s Reference book. In the meantime, can somebody tell me which hardware is used to attach the center console to the cap and extension on the rear? 4 holes.
TIA

There's a big steel plate with 4 counter sunk screws. On Chargers they had a large hole in the center.

The extension is the frame that sits under the cap and provides structure. The hardware goes through the plate in the extension and through the back of the console. I took it apart a year and a half ago, and somehow the hardware got mixed in with something else

If talk about console extension the screw are fairly large phillips head screws. the heads are about 7/16" to 1/2".

Think what it threads into is mounded in rear section, no loose nuts. Been awhile.

Isn't the steel plate threaded?

The holes in the steel plate (“extension” in the parts book) are not threaded in my car

Here is a picture of what they look like. All the ones I have seen have the threads in the plate.
66 Console spacer.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back