• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Coronet Post - MAXIMVS III

I got a front glass from Canada last year it's out there not cheap

I somehow found two post cars not sure how but I really like them , you don’t see many

AC8CDC88-5949-444C-8352-67B9F9278DD2.png
601DAE39-CEFA-4659-AE89-FFC6F1CA9EFC.jpeg
601DAE39-CEFA-4659-AE89-FFC6F1CA9EFC.jpeg
5A2CAA45-DF2D-409A-BC2A-F511C1B6EDFE.png
0E54B514-33BD-4371-A25C-C41B761AFA9B.jpeg

Got the rear glass, just looking for a nice front windshield now.

snook

Got a new front windshield today, so I'm set for glass.

snook

My glass guy found it. Fits 2Dr sedan (post), 4DR & station wagon. My car is a 2DR post.

I'll ask him

snook

Thanks I am very interested because i had several national chains tell me not available.

The 4 door and our cars 2 door sedan or post are the same as 4 door and wagon glass.

In the listings they call out the 68-70 2 door sedans and that confuses the inventory, and the people looking for the glass.

The 68-70 sedan or post is the same glass as the hardtop convertible

It's ready for the body shop. After I finished tearing it down (and I mean DOWN) it looks like jthe following will have to be replaced thanks to goober:
  • firewall - hacked up the firewall
  • inner fenders - put huge holes in the fender tops and beat the drivers side inner fender to make room for a power brake booster
  • full floor pan - stick welded a patchwork of plates all over the floor, front to back
  • core support - used a sawzall to make a 22" support into a 26" support and did a horrible job of it
These parts are beyond saving. I attached a few pics.

snook

DSC_7882.jpg DSC_7887.jpg DSC_7893.jpg DSC_7895.jpg DSC_7909.jpg DSC_7910.jpg DSC_7916.jpg DSC_7918.jpg

Finished stripping the car and it's ready to go for body/paint. It will be a dark grey primer on the bottom and WW1 white all over. Picked up a nice 26" core support today. Here's some pics of the stripped car...

snook

DSC_7922.jpg DSC_7923.jpg DSC_7924.jpg DSC_7925.jpg DSC_7926.jpg DSC_7927.jpg DSC_7928.jpg

Got the body stuff ordered, that was a big milestone. Decided to remove all the glass from the car, that should be done tomorrow sometime.

snook

Where did you get a New Windshield?

And are you sure it is for your 4 door application

We just matched the new windshield with the cracked one that came out of the car... perfect match. If anyone is looking a front windshield for a 66-67 post coronet, you can contact Rob at the Glass Shop (772) 631-5335.

It looks like the engine mounts were moved back towards the firewall. It's an old drag racers trick.
That's the reason there is reinforcement on the engine mounts.

Well, that mess will be history in a few weeks. I think I've about got it de-gooberized now.

snook

When I'm done with this one, I'll challenge Jay Leno's 66 Hemi Coronet, I'll spot him 1 second and limit myself to less than 440 CID. No fiberglass body panels - all steel.

snook

Dropped it off at the body shop a few hours ago. Time to prep parts fro re-installation when I get it back.

snook

Ordered a 383 based 432 CID stroker kit a few days ago and it's on the way. I'll be started putting the short block together here next week. I just need to pick a cam kit and I'll be rolling.

snook

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back