• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Petty Blue Belvidere II

Hey guys, I stumbled across this thread while researching Petty Blue Belvederes a while back and finally decided to join the conversation. I have one of the few known to exist 1966 Petty Blue Belvedere II's with the 999 Paint code. My grandpa bought it new in 66 and and we have restored it over the past few years.
Originally bought by your grandpa is excellent provenance if the car has been in the family the entire time. Maybe there is purchase/dealership paperwork and old pictures to further add to the provenance?

Nice 66 Belvedere in Petty Blue

Hey guys, I stumbled across this thread while researching Petty Blue Belvederes a while back and finally decided to join the conversation. I have one of the few known to exist 1966 Petty Blue Belvedere II's with the 999 Paint code. My grandpa bought it new in 66 and and we have restored it over the past few years.
Absolutely, that is one of the things I've read when it comes to the 999 code. I wonder if there's any way to prove that it was originally petty blue? I have a feeling getting in touch with someone at Chrysler and them actually being able to dig that deep would be a long shot.
I can't help with how many there were orginally #'s
But;
maybe go to the Welcome wagon forum section here
Start it out right
Introduce yourself
maybe share a few more detailed photos
& a lil' more background etc.
get to know each other a lil' before you jump right in, to the mix

Happy MoParing

68A58E99-DCC5-466A-B69B-891E57B08F72.png
9721A485-028A-4338-9F07-3CA00A66E4C7.png
When you have a 999 paint code car you here more negative stories than positive. Ask me how I know. To fake one you would have to go through a lot of trouble. And there wasn’t a lot of paint put on these cars to begin with as you can see in my picture.

You can tell most fakes when you see them. Headlight doors should be matte black and the Plymouth decal is not on th quarter panel and the paint in the door jamb looks poorly applied. And no decal on the wing Lol
86AAA95F-6FEA-4806-9479-77D8749F957B.png
BCBFEC68-BE14-4159-86F7-AC00C4B1EFDB.png
385B1EAD-DA13-49E6-A4C7-67C11FE6D991.png

Auto Transport Service
Back