• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Plymouth Satellite HP2

Put NGK plugs in what a pain to remove washers! How do you remove the washers, look for easier way!
A minute and a half TOPS.... well after i got smart anyhow. Tried to thread the first one off.....
20240122_163919.jpg
20240122_164238.jpg

They are not hard to remove. Just clip as much as you can, then take another hold next to where you clipped and twist and it will break.

This is exactly why I don't have a Hemi! Well, that and the $$$. LOL

Fran, those snips worked fine to cut it with some twisting and then a small pair of flat nose pliers to grab it and twist it off. I just did one plug at a time and immediately replaced it and it didn’t appear any oil seeped into the tube in that time.

They are not hard to remove. Just clip as much as you can, then take another hold next to where you clipped and twist and it will break.
This,

I plan to go thru the valves on mine this spring. While Ive got it open to replace valve cover gaskets .
When I do I want to install the Milodon tube seals in the heads.

Even though I clipped the washers on the plugs, I still get oil in #7 tube. But none of the others.
And I put new tubes in 2 years ago. It fixed a few . but not #7 cyl.

Milodon 27500 Milodon Spark Plug Tube Seals | Summit Racing

This,

I plan to go thru the valves on mine this spring. While Ive got it open to replace valve cover gaskets .
When I do I want to install the Milodon tube seals in the heads.

Even though I clipped the washers on the plugs, I still get oil in #7 tube. But none of the others.
And I put new tubes in 2 years ago. It fixed a few . but not #7 cyl.

Milodon 27500 Milodon Spark Plug Tube Seals | Summit Racing
That brings up a question that’s been bouncing around in my mind. Is removal of those tube seats in the head really an in-car serviceable item? Or is it a bench top or possibly machine shop task? I’ve read of freezing them and seating them with a mallet and even one thread talked about using epoxy if they were nut snug enough fit although I wonder if a little Loc-tite wouldn’t work better. I’m not exactly clear on the process for removing old ones.

And are factory heads machined for the Milodon seats to fit? I’ve read some heads (Edelbrock, Mopar Performance) require machining.

That brings up a question that’s been bouncing around in my mind. Is removal of those tube seats in the head really an in-car serviceable item? Or is it a bench top or possibly machine shop task? I’ve read of freezing them and seating them with a mallet and even one thread talked about using epoxy if they were nut snug enough fit although I wonder if a little Loc-tite wouldn’t work better. I’m not exactly clear on the process for removing old ones.

And are factory heads machined for the Milodon seats to fit? I’ve read some heads (Edelbrock, Mopar Performance) require machining.
The procedure described to me.
Is Freeze them overnite, take them out one by one and they take some light effort to get in the ambient temps heads using a plastic PCV tube and light hammer . NO machine work needed on the heads.

Getting them off, No idea

I looked back at his thread but didn’t see any mention of removing old ones before installing new ones. I may be over thinking it - maybe just clamping a vice grip on to it and pull/wiggle it out is all it takes. I think mine are OK for now - not seeing any oil in the tubes but still was curious.

I looked back at his thread but didn’t see any mention of removing old ones before installing new ones. I may be over thinking it - maybe just clamping a vice grip on to it and pull/wiggle it out is all it takes. I think mine are OK for now - not seeing any oil in the tubes but still was curious.
Think RC bought his.

Bought cutters, they were made to cut close. The cutting edge is on the edge, said it was to cut close on circuit boards. you can see on right side cutting edge is flush. The left side dark edge is a shadow. Should have closed the cutter.
IMG_2475.JPG
IMG_2474.JPG

Gotta love a Wife that will drive to Barrie (45 minutes each way on a good day) to pick up car parts while you fix the furnace. Then she gets basically locked into a mall parking lot due to an encampment fire. Thankfully found a route to sneak out to the guys house before his lunch hour was over. She was sent to get 4 wheel covers for the '66 Satellite...lol. She's a keeper....
20240313_174603.jpg
20240313_174426.jpg
20240313_174447.jpg
20240313_174455.jpg
20240313_174409.jpg

Last edited:
Now I almost feel bad for the guy that was selling his Uncle's stuff off, so he didn't have to move it for the 4th time. Just found this set on Ebag while looking to see what the one set she brought home was for.

$467.60 or make offer.. LOL
VINTAGE 1966 PLYMOUTH FURY SAVOR RUNNER BELVEDERE SATELLITE HUBCAPS WHEEL COVERS | eBay

The other set, in the 4th picture, are also '66 Sat/Bel or Fury the best I can find so far.

The last are supposably Dodge Charger?

I have never seen the caps in the 4th picture on any 66 or 67.

The caps in the second picture are 5 66 Satellite caps. Non Satellite caps are the same without the spinner.

Auto Transport Service
Back