• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WTB 1966 Plymouth Satellite mldgs

Status
Not open for further replies.

67Goldie

Local time
12:42 AM
Reaction score
Hello FBBO Members I'm looking for 3 pieces of the 66 Satellite mldgs I'm searching for a right lower quarter panel mldgs, a left front fender upper body line mldg, and a left quarter panel upper body line mldg. I'm in need of these 3 pieces to complete a set to be able to put on my car. PM me if you have any of these 3 pieces Thanks Eric

Any chance you have a photo of what they look like? I have a whole set of molding off a 66 that I won't need but I don't know which part is what since I am building a 67.

Any chance you have a photo of what they look like? I have a whole set of molding off a 66 that I won't need but I don't know which part is what since I am building a 67.
Yes I can get pictures in the daylight after work to show you what I'm looking for thanks Eric

Yes I can get pictures in the daylight after work to show you what I'm looking for thanks Eric
Rough measurements are as followed fender top edge molding 52 in, door top edge molding 50.25 in, and quarter panel top edge molding 85.50 in hopefully this makes sense if you need any other pictures for reference please let me know thank you and I appreciate your time Eric

IMG_20231003_144643678.jpg

IMG_20231003_145019245.jpg

IMG_20231003_145001979.jpg

IMG_20231003_144812701.jpg

IMG_20231003_145435832.jpg

IMG_20231003_145007977.jpg

the molding on top of fenders,doors, & rear quarters
I understand that these parts can be difficult to find at times however you have the same abilities at your fingertips as any other fbbo member has if you are looking for parts for your car start a WTB thread and see if one of the members can help you out as there are a lot of great people on this site willing to help get another Mopar back on the road instead of hijacking somebody else's WTB thread that they created for their needs as you can clearly see the parts you are trying to find are the same ones that I started this thread about not trying to start anything here just saying start your own thread thanks

I am sorry to say this, but as a former 66 Ply Sat owner myself, the parts you are searching for are basically "un-ob-titanium" and if there are some that pop up, they are either sad basket cases or the rarer, OEM finds. I actually purchased one of the last driver's side rear piece along with 2 of the door belt line trim pieces back in 2006 when I was restoring mine. Since then I have rarely seen them on eBay or other forums including this one. One option is to eliminate the holes by welding them up and then installing the Barradude turn signels in place of the Ply ones as they look the same but the tail end of the Barracuda ones are finished to a spear point. I wish you luck in your search but in reality, well it is just that...Hard-to-find items...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:

I am sorry to say this, but as a former 66 Ply Sat owner myself, the parts you are searching for are basically "un-ob-titanium" and if there are some that pop up, they are either sad basket cases or the rarer, OEM finds. I actually purchased one of the last driver's side rear piece along with 2 of the door belt line trim pieces back in 2006 when I was restoring mine. Since then I have rarely seen them on eBay or other forums including this one. One option is to eliminate the holes by welding them up and then installing the Barradude turn signels in place of the Ply ones as they look the same but the tail end of the Barracuda ones are finished to a spear point. I wish you luck in your search but in reality, well it is just that...Hard-to-find items...cr8crshr/Bill:usflag::usflag::usflag:
Thanks for letting me know about the barracuda trim I've collected a just enough parts to do the restoration of my car and now only need 3 pieces to complete the set and you are correct all the pieces I have purchased to build the set for my car are in pretty bad shape lots of elbow grease to get them to look like something again I don't mind if the only parts I can find need work at this point I think everything for these cars needs help as they are getting very old now thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back