• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite Battery

gtx6970

Local time
12:39 AM
Reaction score
Im starting to think about a battery for the hemi car. Group 27

And I want to get one that takes the flat battery toppers if at all possible.

Who and where. So far Im coming up empty on my searches.

Not sure I want to go down the path with one of the repop OEM looking batteries ( haven't had the best experience with them in the past )

I have had great luck with the new versions from Battery Central Mall. They are lighter so they ship for less, and if you follow their instructions for charging and their use they last. I have one of the latest versions in two of my cars without issue.

Im starting to think about a battery for the hemi car. Group 27

Who and where. So far Im coming up empty on my searches.

Not sure I want to go down the path with one of the repop OEM looking batteries ( haven't had the best experience with them in the past )
I just went to Wal Mart.

20200614_163949.jpg

When you say, "flat battery topper", do you mean like this vs. Mike's pic??????
1690310036130.png

When you say, "flat battery topper", do you mean like this vs. Mike's pic??????
View attachment 1499716
I want to use one of the 1 piece flat battery tops to look oe.

Yes. To accept a full flat battery top.
Like so
Fits Mopar Group 27 Battery Cover Red Caps 66-74 Cuda SuperBee Duster Dart | eBay

Screenshot_20230725_114110_Chrome.jpg

I just went to Wal Mart.

View attachment 1499708
Was this one of the Walmart battery's that had 2 flat caps on it ?

If so. I'm not against that if the individual caps fit correctly.

Walmart group 27 battery with Weskcar caps and decals. Caps just push in and fit nicely.

P1090282.JPG

P1090284.JPG

P3030018.JPG

Yes, JUst like Dave6T4's post above.

View attachment 1499725
Weskcar has a website, showing various styles of kits. Usually around $25.00 for caps and decals. Ships from France. I have usually had them in about 10 days. I have ordered these kits for friends also, and have always been satisfied with appearance and delivery.

Thanks all.

I'll get the cap - decal kit coming tonite.

And a battery once the caps get here.

All in under $200.

I can live with that.

The Mopar battery in it is 12 years old
And I've noticed it slows down quicker lately if I have to crank it a while.

The Mopar battery in it is 12 years old
Nice, I wouldn't complain! After 4 years you start living on borrowed time with batteries, my old Caravan I went through 3 batteries in 28 years so I can't complain.

Nice, I wouldn't complain! After 4 years you start living on borrowed time with batteries, my old Caravan I went through 3 batteries in 28 years so I can't complain.
Agreed.... and I knew that when I bought the car in 2020.

It has lived on a battery tender anytime the car is not in use.
And I kept that tradition after I bought the car. But I have a feeling it's time is nearing an end.. So looking around now.

The car deserves correctness... :poke:
View attachment 1499860
Sorry, But I am not interested in sinking $300-500 in a OE correct battery I'll be replacing in a year or two. Thats a hard pass. Ive owned two of them in the past. NEITHER one lasted over 18 months. Thanks but no thanks

I'll do the Walmart Bat and pseudo tops and call it good. If it dies in a few years , So be it. I'll get another one and reinstall the lips and keep driving it

Sorry, But I am not interested in sinking $300-500 in a OE correct battery I'll be replacing in a year or two. Thats a hard pass. Ive owned two of them in the past. NEITHER one lasted over 18 months. Thanks but no thanks
Sorry... but I've never had an Odyssey PC925 that didn't make it 8+ years. The one in my own airplane is now 13 years old.... $385 cdn/13 = less than 30 bucks a year. Your car is worth 200k cdn.... let's get real.

The one in my Superbird is 8 plus years old and the one in my Hemi GTX is going on 4 without issues.
20230116_161919.jpg
20200106_121557.jpg

I also put a orbital battery in my 62 that is going on 15 years old. Nothing lasts forever, but.......... it's just now starting to get a little weak. As long as I crank it once every week or so it's still fine. After going through 5 or 6 of the lead acid reproduction battery's only lasting a year or year and a half, they have gotten it right in my opinion.

Sorry... but I've never had an Odyssey PC925 that didn't make it 8+ years. The one in my own airplane is now 13 years old.... $385 cdn/13 = less than 30 bucks a year. Your car is worth 200k cdn.... let's get real.
1978 Fury Sport battery lasted 13 years, daily driver. 1985 Supra summer driven lasted 10 years. 1992 4Runner daily driver lasted 8 years, 2006 4Runner bought in 2012, 1 battery replaced in 2016, bad battery replaced in 2018. replaced again 2020.
Way back I expected a battery to last a minimum of 10 years now I hope they don’t calve just after the warranty expires.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back