• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite horn ring. Which is truely the correct one

gtx6970

Local time
9:57 AM
Reaction score
Ok,

Ive seen this on several occasions / parts advertised.
Which is the correct horn ring for my car. the one thats on it ( red wheel ) or the one posted?
Was a full ring an option on same car ?

horn-ring-1.jpg str-wheel (2).jpg

:popcorn::popcorn::popcorn:

Here's the parts for '66... I'm under the impression that the horn on the right is correct, 100%. I have two, ones in a '66 Belvy of mine that's never been messed with.... i bought another a while back and was told is was '66 Plymouth "B" as well.
66HornPartsBook.jpg

'66BelvyHornRing.jpg

Now, for Sh*ts and Giggles, here's the '65 parts page...note we are only looking at the HornControls... Some people say, they have that exact ring on their '65's.... well if the part number of your ring on your red wheel is indeed # 2530262, then yes it was available on '65 Furys as well.
65HornPartBook1.jpg

My 66 Satellite has this one.
Ron

66Satellite72.JPG

Ps, are the colored wheels supposed to be a translucent type color. Mine is in red. But Ive not seen another red interior 66 well enough to say if it s correct or not

I thought 65 and 66 wheels and rings were the same?

Thanks all.
I was reasonably certain the one in my car was correct.
BUT, when I do a search on ebay . I get the 2 different style spokes. sometimes even different style center cap

Im essentially on the hunt for an NOS or near perfect replacement

Bill yes it has black pebble area, the wheel on my car isn't translucent.

66Satellite73.JPG

Im beginning to wonder if the translucent / pearlescent look wheel is red only.

image-jpeg.jpg
1966 police cars had a full ring .

THIS IS PART # 2768108, FOR ANYONE INTERESTED. IN '65 THEY USED 2530953 AND 2530268 ON B'S & C'S RESPECTIVELY, UNTIL THEY CHANGED TO THE ONE SHOWN ABOVE SOMETIME IN '66 FOR ALL.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back