• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 satellite rear side windows way too hard to roll up and down

LongR

Local time
12:13 PM
Reaction score
Is there a manual out there that shows how to adjust them for a smoother operation ??????

Pull the interior panels and look around. May just need lubrication. Could be broken or stuck rollers, or combination of things.

Before you adjust anything you need to clean and lubricate all of the moving parts. When was the last time that was done?

WD40 is not the thing to use.

I like Triflow or Kroil

Pull the interior panels and look around. May just need lubrication. Could be broken or stuck rollers, or combination of things.
Are any of the screws within the bolts for adjustment ???? Are there any adjustments to the window ??? Is there a series of steps to adjusting the window ???

Before you adjust anything you need to clean and lubricate all of the moving parts. When was the last time that was done?

WD40 is not the thing to use.

I like Triflow or Kroil
just bought it .....don't know last time the windows were serviced

Probably not lubed since assembly in 1966. That's why you clean first, then lubricate before you think about starting any adjustments

Here's a link where you can download a service manual for your 66. It'll show the adjustment screws & bolts. BTW, 66 & 67 quarter window mechanisms are different. Pull the inner panel and lubricate all moving points first like other have said. Especially the rollers that look like this photo and the rail they slide on.

On mine, the rail was covered with hard wax like grease and the 2 small rollers in the pic below were seized.

image-jpeg.jpg

My rollers were pretty gummed up too. It’s not easy cleaning and lubing those in place and disassembling rear quarter windows and tracks is quite a chore. There’s no easy way to do this, pull the rear seat and back, pull the side panels and start cleaning and lubing. The FSM is definitely good to have for this. Good luck.

Auto Transport Service
Back