• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1966 Satellite Resto

426HemiCharger

Local time
6:42 AM
Reaction score
On cardomain I found a 14-15 year old kid who is restoring a 1966 Belvedere and turning it into a Satellite clone. He sorta looks up to me and I give him advice. I wanted to see your opinion and if you can give me tips on how to advise him better. Here is his site.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3049351

I have no Idea, he has a run down '69 440 that needs a total rebuild but he is only gonna replace the gaskets. It was a 318-904-741 2.94 economizer gears. He is gonna put a 833 with a dana 60 and 3.54 or 3.55 gears.

Why turn a Belvedere into a Satellite?

Well, I for one really like the dressed up interior of the Satellite over the spartan Belvy interior and the rocker/wheel opening trim...I am planning these changes for my project but will not use the upper body trim...Just my 2 cents!

Huh, Well I'm not a big fan of 66' anythings to be honest. But still not bad cars. Has anyone seen a mistake to the "restoration" I sure did. He seems to be amazed at the body work I have done on my Charger. I though his work was a little shoddy to be honest ie. engine compartment.

30493510018_large.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back