• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 15" Wheel choices?

71_Duster

Local time
11:45 PM
Reaction score
Getting spun right around reading wheel reviews.

Looking for classic styled wheel options in the 15" diameter for my 67' Belvedere. Hoping to collect some pictures or customer reviews on wheel companies.

I prefer Keystone classic wheels they are from the day and I like them better than Cragar s/s wheels of that time period

hard to beat any '60's 5 spoke.

Attachments

• 100_0002.jpg
    100_0002.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 569
For the GTX projecyt I just acquired, it currently has "old school" (1970s era) Cragar SS mags.
But as Hemi#1 stated, I too love the Cragar "Keystone Klassics" look.
It is similar to the Magnum 500s.
I also have a set of the American Racing Torque thrust "D" wheels

So, on this 67 GTX project I am unsure of what I will be using.
Perhaps the simple Cragar SS wheels that are already on it.

I like the keystones but not excited about the unilug style wheel. Was hoping for a direct drill wheel.

Also like the Torq Thrust but wish they had ones with a polished lip and grey center not just machined.

Personally I'm a Crager S/S fan. Love the look and fits the period. I just ordered a brand new set for my GTX to replace the pitted ones I've had on there for 40 years. Love that look with Goodyear polyglas GT raised white letter tires. Could be any tires - anyway......

You don't have many wheel choices on a 66/67 Plymouth. A 15x7 with a 4.25" BS works but most aftermarket 15x7 wheels are something like 3.75" BS and that will interfere with the fender lip. I have Keystones on my 69 RR, T70 Americans on my 66 Charger and plan to run 15x6 magnesium Americans on my 66 hemi Belvedere.

Cop car wheels I've got. I know what you mean about tight tolerances for the rears as well. With the 255/60/15's on cop car wheels with a 4 1/2" backspace I have about an 1" of clearance to the quarter and about 1 1/4" to the leaf.

Any pictures of your cars Meep-Meep?

What back space are guys using on the magnums?

The repro's show the 15x7 @ 4.25 B.S

the 15x8 are 4.5" B.S

Will the 15x8's clear on a stock set up?

I can order the 15x7 with 4.25" back space off the shelf if I want the 4.5" back space it's a custom order.

Depending on the price what's the general opinion?

The 4.5" cop wheels with 255/50/15 clear the quarter panel by 1" and the leaf by 1 1/4"

Here are mine: Rev Classic 100

Front: (2) 15x7 - (4" Backspace, 1" Lip)
Rear: (2) 15x8 - (4.5" Backspace, 1.5" Lip)

11.jpg

All are good choices. For a 67, I like the Keystones.

Sox and Martin.jpg

Had black cop car wheels with the small center caps but I'll be going with slots next.....and yeah, the weather had been nasty so the dull paint looks even worse but I did wipe off the wheel :D

scan0005.jpg

The most popular wheels we put on back then were Cragars, with Torque-thrust, Keystone Klassic, Fenton, Ansen, following close behind. Then the Centerlines came out, became popular.

Auto Transport Service
Back