• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 (440 R/T or GTX) unsilenced air cleaner

Does it exist? it looks like the dual snorkle on but without the snorkles and draws the air from the bottom? Was this an option on these cars?

dual snorkle only in 67 for 440 gtx/R/T

When I installed an Edelbrock 800 AVS carb I made my own. I used a 67 top and a 68 unsilenced air cleaner bottom to fit the AVS style carb that has a bigger throat. The result is an unsilenced, dual snorkle air clearner

P1010290-1.jpg

P1010286.jpg

1967 cars with 4 speeds came with the un silenced air cleaner. It was part of the four speed option which included a dual point distributor, clutch fan, oil pan windage tray and the Dana 60 axel. Not available or installed on automatic. Also no AC option available with four speed in 67. My car is one family owned and I was there when my brother took delivery.

yes it does exist their are a few out their my 67 r/t has it and everything on mine is original back in thoses days a few odds and ends made it through factories

yes it does exist their are a few out their my 67 r/t has it and everything on mine is original back in thoses days a few odds and ends made it through factories
“It” being unsilenced air cleaner?

Auto Transport Service
Back