• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 (440 R/T or GTX) unsilenced air cleaner

Bigal75

Local time
9:21 PM
Reaction score
Does it exist? it looks like the dual snorkle on but without the snorkles and draws the air from the bottom? Was this an option on these cars?

What's this air cleaner off of? It looks like the Dart GTS 383?

This is from an old add on e-bay...

Attachments

• $(KGrHqZ,!hYE3u3,igjuBOEQyoC0Ww~~_3.jpg
    $(KGrHqZ,!hYE3u3,igjuBOEQyoC0Ww~~_3.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 1,323
The owner claims he removed it from a 67 R/T - of course it may have come off another car.

The thing is is I have someone else telling me they exist for the 440, and has one for sale.

What's this air cleaner off of? It looks like the Dart GTS 383?

This is from an old add on e-bay...

I haven't seen that type of air cleaner on a '67, however I saw an original unrestored '68 Coronet R/T with that air cleaner. It was at Mopars on the Mississippi in 2010.

Attachments

• Screenshot-1.jpg
    Screenshot-1.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 1,053
That could be '67 Dart GTS or Barracuda F/S air cleaner with 383 as well. See pic below.....

Attachments

• 1967DartGTS383AirCleaner.jpg
    1967DartGTS383AirCleaner.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 1,067
  • 1967383ABodyAirCleaner.jpg
    1967383ABodyAirCleaner.jpg
    27.4 KB · Views: 1,061
Last edited:
It actually depends on how the car was equpped from the factory and where it was sold.
If the car had a/c or was destine for Cal. it would have the silenced twin snorkel.

That could be '67 Dart GTS or Barracuda F/S air cleaner with 383 as well. See pic below.....

Exactly. My buddy had a 67 383 F/S Barracuda and that was the air cleaner it had.

As a sidenote..That's definitely a '68 GTX cleaner. My '68 Bee looked exactly the same, BUT without the 383 pie plate on top..Entire thing was black crinkle paint.

I got an air cleaner exactly like that off of a 67 GTX convertable that was in an accident. Don Dulmage now has that cleaner on his 64 426 Dodge.

I got an air cleaner exactly like that off of a 67 GTX convertable that was in an accident. Don Dulmage now has that cleaner on his 64 426 Dodge.
How is Don doing? I miss his posts. :)

That unsilenced aircleaner is the exact aircleaner I need for my 67 GTX. If anyone has one they want to part with let me know. That is the ONLY part missing from my all original 67 GTX I just purchased. My 67 GTX has a that same style aircleaner but it is a 64-65 chrome unsilenced that doesn`t accept a pieplate. I`m planning on a complete restoration on my GTX. It`s 100% original down to the dual point distributor, 4 speed inland console shifter, and dana 60. The car has been sitting since 1985. It`s a dark blue car.
EE167GTX.jpg

I love it wene people say that is the only aircleaner they used on that model that is the only color trim paint they used on this model . i personally talked to a guy who worked at the
St. Louis Fenton plant in the 60's & 70's he said they used what they had on hand on any given day as long as it was as ordered or an upgrade from stock they could upgrade say a higher amp alternater on a dart if they ran out of the normal ones it happened all the time. The rear tail panel & grill on my 67' GTX some say they are a dark mettalic grey , others say there a metallic black i'v gotten in arguments with people over it. They are both right depending on what plant it came from what day it was made & what color they had on hand at the time . some had the radiator support painted black blacked out others did'nt they were top busy that day to mess with it or it was too close to quiting time on a friday . It is just the way they did it back then . He said he knew there were several 67 B body hardtops with convertable rocker panels that were thicker & heavier to cominsate body flex they simply
ran out of the standard ones so used what they had on hand .

Auto Transport Service
Back