• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 coronet restomod/pro touring build

Got a polygraphite bushing kit from PST coming in and a summit front sway bar.

IMG_0971.JPG IMG_0972.JPG

Talked to my engine builder today and he recommended I switch from the trick flow head to eddy victor head. He has a set brand new with CNC porting for $2100. Obviously they will make more power, he says he can build a reliable 700+hp pump gas motor out of it or up the compression put it on race gas and be over 800. Going to talk with him again tonight but looks like I'm going to make the switch and let him build it, he has built many in the past.

Also mentioned the block is done and he's ready to start assembly :D:steering:

Sounds pretty good! I am going to make a stroker on my 383, with a 440 source stroker and for the heads I don't yet If I go with the super stealth from 440 source or if I go with the trick flow.. I've heard that the trick flow are better product and can move more air... But they are a bit more expensive... I'm really confuse with the choice... What would you suggest?

Sounds pretty good! I am going to make a stroker on my 383, with a 440 source stroker and for the heads I don't yet If I go with the super stealth from 440 source or if I go with the trick flow.. I've heard that the trick flow are better product and can move more air... But they are a bit more expensive... I'm really confuse with the choice... What would you suggest?
In my opinion the trick flow 240 is the better head out of the 2, but there's many people
On here that have used the stealths with no problem. My rule of thumb always is you get what you pay for, there's a reason the stealth are cheaper.

Understood sir, I guess I get your point and see what you mean. Thanks for the enlightenment :)
As soon as I will be on the motor process I'll let you know what my choice is.

Good luck on your build!

So when I originally bought my 4 link from RMS I was planning on using the 8 3/4 I have but since have upgraded to a strange s60, called Bill at rms to see if it was still compatible with the s60 turns out I need a different crossbar since the center section is much bigger than the 8 3/4. He was willing to exchange it for me without hesitation, shout out to rms for great customer service, I'll definitely be using them again.

Hey guys started installing my front end kit from pst ran into a couple problems and had to get new strut rods, when I removed the drivers side it flexed like a half moon! The passenger side was bent towards the end so I decided to replace, also pivot shafts need replace so while I'm waiting I cleaned up my control arms and spindles and ordered the front brakes, 6 piston wilwoods can't wait to get them.

IMG_1044.JPG IMG_1055.JPG IMG_1060.PNG IMG_1061.jpg

Got a big delivery of parts yesterday, new wilwood 6 piston front brakes, new hotchkis lower pivot shafts, Mancini racing strut rods. If everything goes to plan I'll be done with the front suspension this weekend,also have new inner tie rods from moog and idler arms also moog. check out the size of these wilwood 6 piston calipers, I love it!

IMG_1073.JPG

Man you are thrashing!!! That will be one bad *** car when you get done!
:thumbsup::steering:
Thanks mike, I've been working my *** off in the garage. The ol lady doesn't like it that I'm not around that much since my shop is not on my property so I had to call it quits early last Saturday and take her out to dinner lol. I got the green light for this weekend though. Getting pretty excited as all my major purchases have been made and I'm in the assembly stage.

I understand completely, our shop is about 20 miles from the house & with kids and school activities I cant get out there until Sat/Sun...

Hey guys started installing my front end kit from pst ran into a couple problems and had to get new strut rods, when I removed the drivers side it flexed like a half moon! The passenger side was bent towards the end so I decided to replace, also pivot shafts need replace so while I'm waiting I cleaned up my control arms and spindles and ordered the front brakes, 6 piston wilwoods can't wait to get them.

View attachment 406148 View attachment 406149 View attachment 406150 View attachment 406151
Just wondering if you had any issues with you lower control arm pivot shaft/bushings being loose, I have a spare set of lowers I was rebuilding, and the bushings are kind of sloppy. I am using polyurethane from energy Suspension.

Just wondering if you had any issues with you lower control arm pivot shaft/bushings being loose, I have a spare set of lowers I was rebuilding, and the bushings are kind of sloppy. I am using polyurethane from energy Suspension.
The old ones were shot, haven't installled new ones yet I'll be doing that this weekend maybe, I had to order new inner sleeves because I destroyed the old ones and the new kit does not come with them

New beefy strut rods from Mancini, these are bigger than the factory rods. can't wait to get to the garage Friday I have a lot to do

IMG_1083.JPG

Thanks, Let me know how the polygraphite goes, I might switch mine out.
The poly is nice, but be ready for a pain in the *** replacing the lower control arm bushings, too me 4 hours to get both removed, what worked best for me was a small chisel and hammer.

IMG_1111.JPG

I pulled Ramrunners lca's off Friday night, while I had them off I decided to rebuild them instead. My bushings must be really shot, only took about 5 minutes to get the pivot shafts out, and bushings out. according to Energy Suspension, I don't remove the outer shell sleeve.

I pulled Ramrunners lca's off Friday night, while I had them off I decided to rebuild them instead. My bushings must be really shot, only took about 5 minutes to get the pivot shafts out, and bushings out. according to Energy Suspension, I don't remove the outer shell sleeve.
That's odd, wish mine were like that cuz that's was the hard part, I pressed my shafts out in little time but struggled with the outter sleeves.

The poly is nice, but be ready for a pain in the *** replacing the lower control arm bushings, too me 4 hours to get both removed, what worked best for me was a small chisel and hammer.

View attachment 407901
They are a PITA....Mancini has a tool that changes hours to minutes....For us here a bunch of friends went in on the tool so it was more economically sound. The next best thing but you have to be careful is to weld a washer and press out....

They are a PITA....Mancini has a tool that changes hours to minutes....For us here a bunch of friends went in on the tool so it was more economically sound. The next best thing but you have to be careful is to weld a washer and press out....
Ya I seen they have the remover after the fact, I didn't even think about it I was determined to get them out, good experience if nothing else. Next time I'll be using the remover for sure though!

Auto Transport Service
Back