• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 Frame specs?

TommyBoyGTX

Local time
5:25 AM
Reaction score
Im looking to see if anyone out there has the specs for a 1967 B Body (Plymouth GTX convertible) to check to see if the frame is damaged. I was able to find this but wanted to confirm if anyone else has something different or the same....
20220926_142613-001.jpg

I thought there was a difference between the Dodge and Plymouth dimensions. Don't know.

Edit: You could take it to a frame shop and see what they say.

I would also think the Plymouth chart would be a little different in the rear. The wheelbase for Dodge is 1” longer and they repositioned the springs to achieve it - repositioned the front attachment point or an extended spring mount - can’t remember for sure. A Dodge is 2-1/2” longer and probably mostly in the rear so that rear bumper mount crossmember is probably extended past where a Plymouth one sits.

I think the 67 Plymouth fsm is on mymopar. The fsm will have the frame dimensions.

Ok glad I asked.....I would think Dodge and Plymouth was the same. I am taking the car to a frame shop....but....I want to make sure that they are looking at the same measurements I am looking at so its worth the extra effort to dig this information up. Thanks everyone.

Wheel base is an inch longer on the dodge . but it is because of the front hanger on the rear end leaf spring location
frame is the same for dodge ,plymouth, 2 dr hdt and sedan and also 4 doors . and if not mistaken the wagons too

I would also think the Plymouth chart would be a little different in the rear. The wheelbase for Dodge is 1” longer and they repositioned the springs to achieve it - repositioned the front attachment point or an extended spring mount - can’t remember for sure. A Dodge is 2-1/2” longer and probably mostly in the rear so that rear bumper mount crossmember is probably extended past where a Plymouth one sits.
it is only 1 inch diffrence. It is wheelhouse and quarter panel location for wheel opening

The 2-1/2” I mention is the difference in overall length, not wheelbase - 200.5“ vs 203”.

Inner wheel house location is the same between dodge and Plymouth. They share the same frames, floor pans, rear seat pans and trunk pans.

Inner wheel house location is the same between dodge and Plymouth. They share the same frames, floor pans, rear seat pans and trunk pans.
Interesting. Iirc the front lip on a dodge is 2.5" to the end of the rocker.
So a plym would be 1.5"?

Interesting. Iirc the front lip on a dodge is 2.5" to the end of the rocker.
So a plym would be 1.5"?

The variance may come in the outer wheel house design. If you browse the AMD catalog all the dodge and Plymouth pans and inner wheel house number are the same. Frame rails will be different because dodge moved the rear shackle hole back an inch.

This actually crossed over from 66-70 with slight differences. I did a mini tub on a 67 Belvedere and was able to drop a 69 charger trunk pan into the Belvedere with the only modification being narrowing the pan for the mini tub

The variance may come in the outer wheel house design. If you browse the AMD catalog all the dodge and Plymouth pans and inner wheel house number are the same. Frame rails will be different because dodge moved the rear shackle hole back an inch.

This actually crossed over from 66-70 with slight differences. I did a mini tub on a 67 Belvedere and was able to drop a 69 charger trunk pan into the Belvedere with the only modification being narrowing the pan for the mini tub
Hope this helps…

E5D71169-6906-40BA-B375-E99C9D9576C2.jpeg

Auto Transport Service
Back