• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 GTX rear frame brackets?

1MYTGTX

Local time
6:47 PM
Reaction score
Recently looking under the '67 GTX and noticed 2 threaded holes on either side of the frame empty. Searching the web I saw these brackets. What are they & do I need them? LOL

Rear brackets (2).jpg

Those threaded holes are probably for exhaust hanger brackets. I don't think those brackets in your pic are factory.

Last edited:
??? I already have the tip hanger brackets. Unless they are used if you have turn downs? Like on a regular Belvedere?

If so then a GTX wouldn't have/need them?

They are not for exhaust. They are shipping tie downs. I have two 67s, both have them. Perfectly factory.

Those brackets were supposed to be taken off at the dealership on the predelivery inspection. From the cars that I own, I would say 30% were left on.

20230712_131444.jpg

not a day goes by where I don't learn something here :luvplace:

Holy double negative, Batman

not a day goes by where I don't learn something here :luvplace:

Holy double negative, Batman
I drove these things from new and have been restoring them since 1990. I also learn a lot around here.

This place is great, always something new to learn.....

Very few were removed from the cars we've had up here.

Those threaded holes are probably for exhaust hanger brackets. I don't think those brackets in your pic are factory.
Both of my 66 Belvedere’s have them And the one is a original numbers everything car.

I got a set of the brackets installed. All is right with the world. LOL.
IMG_4697.jpeg

My 66 and my 67 both still have them. Dealer diligence in removing them probably varied a lot.

Auto Transport Service
Back