• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 heater wiring non A/C. Clearing up any confusion on what was factory

R413

Local time
4:25 AM
Reaction score
I’m posting this to clear up any confusion on the heater wiring for 1967 B-body non AC heater wiring to the switch and blower resistor. This is part of the under dash wiring harness on a factory car. Maybe the reason you cannot buy this piece aftermarket is because it comes built in to the dash wiring.

I was recently talking to @Bold & Old on the phone and he was incorrectly stating this is a separate harness and cannot be purchased in the aftermarket.

@Big bill has a for sale post 11-16-22 stating the same thing. Funny thing is you can see he has a cut wire with no terminal or connector on the end. That cut wire is made into the harness amd runs straight to the heater switch with no connectors. #C1-14BK* black with a tracer.

FOR SALE - 66-67 heater wiring harness .

photos 1-2 are a 67 Coronet harness. This single wire comes out navy the ignition switch wires.

photos 3-4 are a 1967 Belvedere, the single wire comes out near the instrument cluster and amp meter wires.

photo 5 is the for sale ad

photo 6 is the 1967 Plymouth wiring diagram.

AEA9A24A-14A8-4056-B9E0-E99FA0F346C0.jpeg

19ACACDA-86E1-4FEB-B83C-F68FE7B5EA00.jpeg

ECC03E19-0216-47E9-8571-54690FE5977D.jpeg

E6ECEAAB-4D91-46D9-ACD5-E7777D0778DB.jpeg

32C9FF22-0259-41A0-A249-AF4A6AC1B240.jpeg

5801DE1A-FB12-4BCD-A371-376C8529773C.jpeg

Last edited:
I talked with the manufacturer who makes the under dash harnesses for year one H and M or something like that and they told me they do not make a harness for non AC 66 67 cars the black wire with the white tracer on the under dash harness is the led that runs to the pigtail to the heater switch which is the one I cut I did not want to damage the pigtail. I’m not sure where your info is from but the new harness that bold and old bout from year one had no heater wiring other than the black one with the white tracer so I don’t know ,all my 66 cars are the same as I just described I pulled the one for sale and it is the same as the year one and 4 original ones I have so I’m not sure where the confusion is ,but I am no expert.

The year one has a spayed on it that snaps into the connector on the blower switch harnesses.

My info is from the factory service manual and factory wiring harnesses. I have no idea what the aftermarket sells.

The cut wire in your pic is the same wire on the year one harness with a spade that plugs into the harness I have for sale as I said I did not want to harm the connector trying to dig it out under the dash .So where can you buy this harness from?

0B77B76F-D70F-4D20-B0E4-44BBB71E298F.jpeg

My info is from the factory service manual and factory wiring harnesses. I have no idea what the aftermarket sells.
Bill, please read both my posts again. I’m showing what the factory did. These are part of the dash harness from the factory.

I personally don’t buy aftermarket wiring. I have one and it is sub par and needed work to be reliable. I’ll just do the repairs that an original harness needs. Much better quality.

Non air is built into the dash harmess.

Im pretty sire Factory air cars have an overlay harness that used in place of the non air wiring

I unkeyed, the one black wire from the under dash harness on an original dash harness and sold it to @Bold & Old . All he needs to do is find the black wire with tracer and plug it into the vacant slot on the end that plugs onto the blower switch. The other end connects to the blower resistor on the heater box.

They sell an aftermarket dash harness that is as original. It didn't have that part on it, but does have the black wire with tracer. I would venture to say that it was a separate piece of the harness that was added on the assembly line. The main dash harness is exactly the same for AC and non AC cars. The difference is that an AC car has an additional wire that bridges into the black wire with tracer, that is used to energize the AC compressor.

They sell an aftermarket dash harness that is as original. It didn't have that part on it, but does have the black wire with tracer. I would venture to say that it was a separate piece of the harness that was added on the assembly line. The main dash harness is exactly the same for AC and non AC cars. The difference is that an AC car has an additional wire that bridges into the black wire with tracer, that is used to energize the AC compressor.
Didn't I say the same thing as what Jerry said so where is the confusion ?

I would have to dig out my handwritten notes and diagrams I made when retiring my 66 last year but I seem to remember a separate heater harness I had to switch over. I want to say it ran from the switch to the heater resister. I think there was a power lead to the fan switch off the main harness. I‘ll try to look this morning.

In a slight hijack - I noticed in my factory air 67 that the fan switch is not working on heater mode (no fan) - but works fine on AC mode. Been too long since I had all that stuff apart nearly 20 years ago. Anyone got a suggestion where I might start troubleshooting that?

edit: From my notes under title Harness Adaptations to Fuse Block on my 66 re-wire I wrote - Blkw/tracer connects to top (as mounted in place) of fuse box to aux terminal. Remove Blk/tracer wire from plug on old harness and hook/ plug into new harness at plug also with Blk/tracer. Nine months later that’s about as clear as mud to me.

Last edited:
At the fan switch connector is where I would start. Make sure you have power at both inputs to the switch.

I unkeyed, the one black wire from the under dash harness on an original dash harness and sold it to @Bold & Old . All he needs to do is find the black wire with tracer and plug it into the vacant slot on the end that plugs onto the blower switch. The other end connects to the blower resistor on the heater box.

Yes I agree!

Didn't I say the same thing as what Jerry said so where is the confusion ?
@Big bill

no Jerry said 50 and you said 150 that's the confusion?........

What we have here is the failure to communicate!

sorry Paul Newman... for using your phrase.

by the way Thanks for helping me....... sorry you had to go ..... never had a chance to say that!

@Jerry Hall

Last edited:
Check it out whats being sold ... for a better understanding....

Last edited:
A review:

post #1 I’m showing what the factory did. Photos of factory 1967 Coronet amd Belvedere harness.

post#6, I don’t know what the aftermarket does, I don’t buy them anymore, they make bad harnesses. (in my opinion)

The reason I started this post is a member told me the factory did not include the heater wiring in the factory dash harness. And I showed that is a false statement.

If someone would like to start a post on the details of the aftermarket wiring harness I’ll read it.

My question would be ; what does a factory heater delete harness look like?

The 67 B body main dash harness is the same heater delete, heater only, or heater with AC. Without a heater the sub harness will not be there. With a heater there will be a sub harness that connects between the heater switch and the heater box, with a black wire with tracer from the main harness that powers the switch. With AC there will be a sub harness that connects from the fan switch to the AC/heater box with a power wire from the main harness with a bridge wire that goes back to the compressor clutch. The sub harness will either not be there for heater delete or be one for either a heater or AC/heater.

The 67 B body main dash harness is the same heater delete, heater only, or heater with AC. Without a heater the sub harness will not be there. With a heater there will be a sub harness that connects between the heater switch and the heater box, with a black wire with tracer from the main harness that powers the switch. With AC there will be a sub harness that connects from the fan switch to the AC/heater box with a power wire from the main harness with a bridge wire that goes back to the compressor clutch. The sub harness will either not be there for heater delete or be one for either a heater or AC/heater.

Good Morning all......

I was told by M&H this morning (Ken....Technical support person) told me did not make the harness due to not there was not a clear way of doing so because there was no blueprints from Mopar.

I asked that if a complete original 67 Coronet heater harness could be found would they reproduce it?

They said they would per Ken.

so if anyone here on B bodies has a original non cut harness they would reproduce it..... maby if you donate it they might make one free for doing so......as a separate harness.

They did have the 67 harness for the air conditioning available.. as you all know.

Last edited:
Auto Transport Service
Back