• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 radio antennae removal

skyman51

Local time
10:14 AM
Reaction score
I want to install a car cover on my 1967 GTX without putting a hole init. I know the nut at the base of the radio antennae unscrews, but how do I remove the mast without it falling inside the fender? Thanks

IIRC, if it's a stock antennae, the whip should unscrew from the base and the base will stay in place.

68-70 yes. 66-67 no. 71 up?????
Never had a reason to cover my first car....a 66 Belvedere but did cover my 70 Challenger and remember unscrewing the whip but thought I had done that before on my 66. Too long ago to remember I guess and my present 66 was radio delete.

Didn't that that on 66-67. I just put a hole in my cover
For me it was just easier to remove the mast than to hassle with a hole. Heck, most of the time I kept the radio off anyways. There's been a time or two where the car 'talked' to me and if the rock and roll had been wailing I wouldn't have heard the car crying for mercy lol.

For me it was just easier to remove the mast than to hassle with a hole. Heck, most of the time I kept the radio off anyways. There's been a time or two where the car 'talked' to me and if the rock and roll had been wailing I wouldn't have heard the car crying for mercy lol.
Yeah, my radio doesn't work in the roadrunner. It's load and proud anyway and I would have to crank it up to hear it. Besides, the sound of that 440 is music to my ears :thumbsup:

Tie a string to the end and drop the assy into the fender hole.
Mike

I installed a power antenna on my '63. These units are everywhere and cheap. Nice that there's access panels to remove in the fender wells to get into this area; don't know if this is the case in the later B's. But sure made doing this easier. One time years ago I was parked at a restaurant I recall with my 70 Cuda, some friggin scumbag bent the antenna around making a loop and marred the paint, lucky I was able to buff that out.

I installed a power antenna on my '63. These units are everywhere and cheap. Nice that there's access panels to remove in the fender wells to get into this area; don't know if this is the case in the later B's. But sure made doing this easier. One time years ago I was parked at a restaurant I recall with my 70 Cuda, some friggin scumbag bent the antenna around making a loop and marred the paint, lucky I was able to buff that out.
Don't ya just love the morons that do stuff like that?!

And @R413
If you know fer shore.....post it. I gots my big boy pants on :D

Auto Transport Service
Back