• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1967 resto project

Max440

Local time
2:05 PM
Reaction score
I have a 1967 satellite. For some reason I really like this car otherwise I would find something else to do as body panels are close to impossible to get. Does anyone make front fender lower patch panels? Secondly does anyone make a trunk extension. This piece becomes bart of the inner fender for the quarter panel. Is there a repo trunk extension for another B Body that I can cut the center and use it "? Thats all I really need.

Next - disc brake conversion - lots of kits out there which are best? I would like to add power brakes too. As far as suspension goes lots of options. so who has the best for handeling and ride for a reasonable price? Are new upper a frames for improved caster worth the money? What brand is the best value? I really would liek a 4 link in the back and a new clip up front but thats well out of my budget on this car. So just trying to figure all of this out to be sure I get the right stuff the first time.

Also I will have a healthy 440 in this car. So sub frame connectors and torque boxes. Again lots of options here too just which one installs easily or better than others ?

As another comment on the left side quarter I used a Sherman panel - They are junk and are not correct. It took me huge hours to get these to work and ended up reworking the wheel arch as it is incorrect as well. Your stock wheel trim has a different aach. So on rt side I am using a AMD and forming the rest of the arch with dies and an english wheel - even more work LOL. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

No real pieces that I know of. I've done a few 67's, and they're a bitch for parts. As for the brakes.....I like Strange and Wilwood. You can spend more or less, but those have proven good for my usage. Subframe connectors are more of a "what you like" situation. We generally make our own.

Welcome to FBBO from another '67 restomod guy from Vermont! Mines a Coronet.

Ditto's, owning a 67' Beleveder. I'm still learning on what's out there. Welcome and post pictures of your project. To answer your questions on brakes, the galley here suggested this vendor for brakes.

http://piratejack.net/

DSCF1894.jpgDSCF1892.jpg

could you post pic on your wheel arch process,I need to make some too but not having much luck.Scarebird sells fr. disc brake adapters and you just find the rotors etc. from wrecking yard or buy new.They give you a list of what you need but they will not work with 14 in. rims

Rear quarter

could you post pic on your wheel arch process,I need to make some too but not having much luck.Scarebird sells fr. disc brake adapters and you just find the rotors etc. from wrecking yard or buy new.They give you a list of what you need but they will not work with 14 in. rims

Thanks for the info. I will post some pics of what I did on the rear quarter on the left and what I am going to do on the right. Depends where the rust is. Behind the rear tire well the AMD panel is prett y nice but does not help if the wheel arch is rotted. Mine has both areas gone. So on the right I am starting with the AMD panel and now looking for an arch out of a 4 door satellite. If that does not work I will get a sherman and rework the arch and cut some of it out so it fits then weld in the pieces to get the arch right . You will need a metal bender and stretcher. You can get a paor for about 150 at Harbor freight that will work good enough. Anyway will get pics together and post.

- - - Updated - - -

No real pieces that I know of. I've done a few 67's, and they're a bitch for parts. As for the brakes.....I like Strange and Wilwood. You can spend more or less, but those have proven good for my usage. Subframe connectors are more of a "what you like" situation. We generally make our own.

Thanks for the info - lots to consider. Yes sheet metal is a bear to find for the 1966 and 1967. Next month is a big Mopar only swap meet in Indianapolis so plan to go there to see what I can find or resources I can get to help me find stuff. I really like this year cause if I did not - I would part it out and find a easier project like 1969-1972 LOL

I was wondering if any other models have a similar wheel lip that a guy could cut and weld in,not a perfect fit but the shape of the lip itself,something more available

I do not think so as I never heard anyone doing it. Best luck is to cut up a 4 door model - If there is let me know same from front fender lower rear patch panel

Is the wheel arch the same between and Plymouth and a Dodge? I have some Dodge 4-door 1/4 skins ripe for harvest lol.

I do not think so but maybe the lip area is - anyone know?

- - - Updated - - -

Well I did find a front right fender for my 67. The only thing is the price. 699 for fender 175 for crating and freight 1/2 way accross the country so $1,000 easy. 3 years ago i found a NOS left front - perfect fender and i paid 500.00 I thought that was bad - Another asked me a year ago if I wanted to sell it and I said no - he offered 700.00. But mine is a NOS - how many of those out there? The only others I have seen are in poor shape and still 450 to 500 complete with bondo. Wish they made a patch panel for the front - Looks like I am in the fabrication business for the patch panel

WAY too much.

Going rate is closer to $300.

Try Ivester's in NC.

Pics of my repair are on the 66/67 quarterpanel survey thread in this forum. I used the full patch panels and they came out great. The wheel arches matched my wheel opening moldings perfectly. Any way you go, it's a lot of work on a 7 foot long quarterpanel. I have seen fenders on ebay for $350 - $400.

Last edited:
WAY too much.

Going rate is closer to $300.

Try Ivester's in NC.

Ok I will thanks

- - - Updated - - -

gtx front rt (3).jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Nothing left in the front lower fender - the metal stops the rest pure bondo. Up higher along where trim goes those are all small pin holes filled with bondo

I'm in the same situation. I have a 67 gtx project needs front fenders. I have mostly finished my 70 roadrunner, which is a completely different world from the 66-67 B's. You can basically build a kit car 70 b body from AMD parts but a 67...there is hardly anything aftermarket. If anyone knows of places parting out 4 door plymouths let me know. I'd like to find someone willing to ship since I don't have much time to drive for parts.

gtx toyota 017.jpggtx toyota 018.jpggtx toyota 019.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

as you can see the end of the panel is all bondo. I will bet this car will be 500 pound lighter when I am done. Anyway I thought I could skin this but the lower portion on the leading edge of the fender support is all rotted out out. So the inner support would be hard to reproduce so Is there any source for a inner fender support or a source for a donor fender. Will a 1966 Coronet fender be the same for the lower rear section of the front fender? What is the difference in a 1966 coronet fender and a 1967 satellite fender? I call lots of places trying to find a reasonable front fender and have had no luck. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Also where do you get door upper and lower seals - all mine are shot

- - - Updated - - -

gtx toyota 017.jpggtx toyota 018.jpggtx toyota 019.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

as you can see the end of the panel is all bondo. I will bet this car will be 500 pound lighter when I am done. Anyway I thought I could skin this but the lower portion on the leading edge of the fender support is all rotted out out. So the inner support would be hard to reproduce so Is there any source for a inner fender support or a source for a donor fender. Will a 1966 Coronet fender be the same for the lower rear section of the front fender? What is the difference in a 1966 coronet fender and a 1967 satellite fender? I call lots of places trying to find a reasonable front fender and have had no luck. Any suggestions or tips would be appreciated.

Also where do you get door upper and lower seals - all mine are shot
IMG_0473.jpgIMG_0474.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

This is what we started with. Lots of bondo under all that blue = More than we thought - no engine or trans ,

gtx toyota 017.jpg gtx toyota 018.jpg gtx toyota 019.jpg IMG_0473.jpg IMG_0474.jpg

GTX fender rt 001.jpgGTX fender rt 002.jpg

Frame had allot of rust - used a Safe T Cap to repair. The torsion bar cross member when it is welded to the rocker panel was rotted out . The repair was welding 22 ga sheet metal to cross member to the rocker panel - smoothing it out with bondo then coating with tar. So I cut all that out and repaired it properly. Then cut and trimmed the floor pan that was rotted out and butt welded it in. This is not quite finished yet. Took me about 15 hours to just get this much done. I thought this was a fairly solid car but sure got lots of metal work to do and gallons of filler to cut out and do the proper repairs. Sure wish more parts and panels were available for this car. The process would go allot quicker for sure -

I just picked up my 66 belve and was complaining to the wife about the flash surface rust , I think I will keep my mouth shut and be thankful

rt side rust.jpgrusted inner wheeel well.jpg

Sherman panel not very good - takes allot to make it work correctly - looking for a four door to cut it out

- - - Updated - - -

rt side quarter - shows bondo globs.jpgfront end off.jpg

Started to cut out bad metal from the rest of the quarter. Once I get the worst out I will fit a new piece in and cut this up a bit to get a good fit. So Far I only have a AMD patch panel but that does not cover the wheel well. Also will have to fab some of the inner fender. Also in pic I removed the right front fender . The lower corner is rotted out as shown in a previous pic. I did find a 1966 fender to cut the bottom rear off and weld it to my 19767 fender - thats this week ends job

Auto Transport Service
Back