• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 383 with vin#

Xp29h

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:12 PM
Reaction score
Was tearing the 1968 383 apart today, found the vin on the back lip by oil pressure unit. It was buried under gobs of blue sealant type stuff the p.o. used everywhere.

until today I was never really sure if it might have been the original engine. Even being a 68 block in a 69 car. But I figure highly unlikely.

Here's the last digits in the vin

8G209613. Is there a car still out there..anyone have it? here's some pics of the engine numbers

Not sure what I'm going to do with engine. Probably keep and rebuild. But, It would great if the car were still out there!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.3 KB · Views: 267
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    21.4 KB · Views: 292
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 256
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 355
I should add the po bought the car in Texas. I don't know if that is where it lived it's life until then??? The 383 was in the car at that time. So, possibly the engine came out car from that area.

It would be great to reunite the block with original car if possible.

Bump... Long shot that the car is out there...

Thanks for trying! :VB toast:

I am trying to reunite a build sheet I have with the right car. I have an ad with the VIN, so hopefully someone searching for it through Google would find it. Likely the car is crushed and gone, but you never know unless you try!

Absolutely! Like I said long shot but who knows.. Maybe

Auto Transport Service
Back