• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger Door Lock Rod

mikeynonos

Local time
11:00 AM
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I just got the '68 back from body and paint. They transferred the internals from the old doors to the new ones after it was painted. The only thing they left off was the door lock rod. I am referring to the rod that come up through the door panel with the lock knob on it. I have been trying to find out exactly which clip is supposed to be used. Does anybody know exactly which clip I need. Most I have seen are the plastic clips which will not work.

Thanks, pnora, I have seen that kit. I am just in need of the clips for the lock rod as the rest of the door mechanisms are already installed.
Restoring a car you should of bought a kit so they are all new. You can pay 15 bucks for a kit or find someone to sell the one clip you need for 15 bucks. Pick your poison.

Anyone else know exactly which clips I need to hold the door lock rod to the lever? From what I have seen in my search on here, it apperas many people have used a 5/32 throttle rod clip. Any thoughts?

Auto Transport Service
Back