• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger Hellcat Swapped PWM Cooling Fan set up!

Saleh

Local time
10:22 PM
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

So this is my first post and I really hope you guys can help me out with my project.

I did a hellcat swap on my 1968 Charger and used the OEM Radiator cooling fan, Also connected PIN #82 to the fan from the ECU but the fan won't work!
Am I missing something here?

Thanks

Hello everyone,

So this is my first post and I really hope you guys can help me out with my project.

I did a hellcat swap on my 1968 Charger and used the OEM Radiator cooling fan, Also connected PIN #82 to the fan from the ECU but the fan won't work!

Thanks
You mean to the ground side of a relay correct?

The way I see it is that pin #82 energies or operates a relay that switches 12V to operate the fan. The fan also has to be grounded.

The way I see it is that pin #82 energies or operates a relay that switches 12V to operate the fan. The fan also has to be grounded.
power and ground are connected to the fan as well as a pcm signal from pin 82

power and ground are connected to the fan as well as a pcm signal from pin 82
There has to be a relay involved, even if it is internal to the fan assembly. The PCM signal will not run the fan.

Hello everyone,

Thanks

you updated everything in your tune in HPTuners? Similar to below?

upload_2022-2-19_1-29-23.png

This pinout shows PIN 83 is PWM fan control.
upload_2022-2-19_10-40-3.png

What about the possibility the fan doesn't work?

So you're getting the engine hot and it doesn't fire up? The srts started at like 225* F if I'm not mistaken.

I finally figured it out! I moved pin #83 to pin #82 (which was empty in my case) and it finally worked !
I’m about to do the same on my 69 Charger.

Did you end up just using pin #83 to the white wire and power, ground from the fan?

Auto Transport Service
Back