• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 charger pic's im lost please help

Again, NO. The following link is from the 1969 Dodge Dealer Data Book. It shows the 440 and 383 Magnum engines with the small unsilenced air cleaner.

http://www.andy440.com/1969l.htm

I think where you are getting confused is the difference between the HP and the LP engines. The LP engines had the larger snorkle type air cleaners. Some were dual some were single depending on the year and the engine. When a Super Bee for example was ordered with air conditioning it got the 383/330 engine rather than the std. 335 h.p. The 330 h.p.was not considered a HP engine even though it had a 4 barrel carb, and dual exhaust. It came with the larger dual snorkle a.c. The same is true for C bodies that had a LP 440, large dual snorkle a.c.

Over the years people switched air cleaners to to aftermarket ones. Then when people started restoring cars the air cleaners from "C" body big blocks were often installed on the hipo cars where they don't belong.

Here's the link to a 1969 Charger with the CORRECT dual snorkel air cleaner.

http://www.1969chargerregistry.com/gallery/engineshots/dual_snorkel_aircleaner

If you want to discuss this matter with me any further please PM me as I do not want to waste the time of the gentleman who started this thread, by making him watch an argument.

There isn't goint to be any arguement. You are WRONG.

I have shown you a FACTORY Dodge Dealer Data Book, you have sown me a picture that has no factual basis.

I was selling Dodges NEW in 1968 & 1969. I HAD a 1969 Charger R/T in 1969.

Is this enough for you? I know you have read all there is to read by people on the Internet about 1969 Charger R/Ts but have you asked Pee Wee Herman? He probably has an OPINION on it too.

There certainly COULD have been 1969 Charger R/Ts that left the factory with the larger a.c. if the bin was empty on the line for the smaller one, but it was not what they were SUPPOSED to get. This would have been the exception to the rule.

hahaha. hell with that air cleaner. there to big anyways. buy you a nice 4 bbl air cleaner from autozone to put on her and call it good. that away you can also check your plug wires and distributor coil all the other b/s

There isn't goint to be any arguement. You are WRONG.

I have shown you a FACTORY Dodge Dealer Data Book, you have sown me a picture that has no factual basis.

I was selling Dodges NEW in 1968 & 1969. I HAD a 1969 Charger R/T in 1969.

Is this enough for you? I know you have read all there is to read by people on the Internet about 1969 Charger R/Ts but have you asked Pee Wee Herman? He probably has an OPINION on it too.

There certainly COULD have been 1969 Charger R/Ts that left the factory with the larger a.c. if the bin was empty on the line for the smaller one, but it was not what they were SUPPOSED to get. This would have been the exception to the rule.

no uses in arguing with the 12 year old , he is a know it all who like to fight with people all over the mopar boards .

xowii1968charger, BTW have you got date coded parts man? Coil? Plug Wires?, Voltage Regulator? and such? Also you need to have overspray on the right areas and such of your engine; ie exhaust manifolds, spark plugs. Also you need to have a but load of factory markings too.

Auto Transport Service
Back