• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger Purchasing Advice

Double Congratulations!
On the new shop!
Have fun with her.

Congrats. Sounds like you did just fine in todays market if you don't find a bunch more hidden rot.

That looks like a 74 "brocade" Charger seat.

I agree at asking 27 they will NOT consider 20.

EDIT- Cool.

It sounds like you did well. Nice that it actually drives and you don't have to do an immediate, total teardown.

Congratulations! Have fun!

WOW congrats on the charger, you have been Blessed. Finding a 68 and running at that price you :thumbsup:

Good Evening, We bought it for 23k! Some updates on it after seeing it in person. Trunk Floor pan isnt horrendous but does have a hole and rust and will be getting replaced, Same with drivers floor pan. Engine bay is very clean with no sign of rust. Body panels in the normal rust spots are clean with no sign of any bondo work. Left Rear Quarter Panel was replaced 5 years ago and is in great condition. Rocker panels show no signs of rust or bondo. Engine itself it very strong and starts up with ez, needs to get some love and care in the cosmetic department. The frame has nothing but very minor surface rust in a couple places after crawling under it. Interior needs some redoing but has original rear seats that are in pretty good shape. Seller did throw in bucket seats from a 68 that need redone but I dont know if we will go that route yet. Overall extremely happy with purchase and beileve its going to be the perfect restromod project after I enjoy the summer driving it!
Man, that's what I call a Win-Win... you got yourself a '68 Charger and the seller can pay down the balance on his Camaro!
:lol:

00707_9BCqfZvbOdg_0CI0t2_600x450.jpg

Going to drive her this summer then when winter hits we will start digging into everything. Having a shop built right now so have to wait tell then anyways!
Any pictures of the car you might share here?

Grate to land that car. So hard to find them in any condition. Have fun and know you will be working on it to fix what is needed.

Good buy for a '68 .. Congrates :thumbsup: Welcome to the club.:)

Last edited:
Nice to see something reasonable happen. That is a fun car and you can enjoy it now.

Auto Transport Service
Back