• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger, Ray Barton 528 Hemi, Pro-touring.

Two water pipes in place, but how on earth I'll be able to tighten the hose clamps between the firewall and the valve head is a different story. But it will be stealth.

IMG_20210921_192249.jpg IMG_20210921_193734.jpg IMG_20210921_194220.jpg

Don't see a small flare where hoses go on those beautiful tubes. Sure wouldn't want one of those hoses to pop off.

Everything looking great! I may have missed it but is that a stock driveshaft? I may be a bit worried about it being enough for this build if so.

:)

Everything looking great! I may have missed it but is that a stock driveshaft? I may be a bit worried about it being enough for this build if so.

I guess I need to rely on cheap chinese tires instead? You have a point though. Does anyone know how much abuse the oem shaft can take?

I guess I need to rely on cheap chinese tires instead? You have a point though. Does anyone know how much abuse the oem shaft can take?
Then again, with a touring car, you're limitation will probably be rpm.

^ Yes that's what I was thinking, that engine could probably exceed the shaft critical speed.

Definitely something to think about having a better driveshaft. Know racers use to paint a stripe the length of d-shaft to watch for twist. Maybe do that as a temporary fix.

I totally agree, I'll update the wishlist to Santa Clause.

After careful shopping, Strange, by far, had the best deal on a bullet proof driveshaft that also is within the RPM range of my 5 speed OD and 4:10 rear gears. Chromoly steel, and I ordered it based on 700 ft lbs torque

^ I see you noted 7500rpm critical speed for the Strange 3" shaft. Just wondering how you arrived at that (guessing shorter than mine which is 54.25

^ I see you noted 7500rpm critical speed for the Strange 3" shaft. Just wondering how you arrived at that (guessing shorter than mine which is 54.25
I don't remember my calculations on the driveshaft RPMs, that's been a little over a year ago.
I have a Dana 60 rear axle, which makes the driveshaft a teeny bit shorter than the 8¾ if that's what you have.
I don't even remember the diameter of my Strange driveshaft, I just know that it fits, it calculated out as safe at the RPM range I indicated, based on the 541 that I hope to have before I take my dirt nap.

Going on a business trip to Nashville next week and after that I fly over to San Fransisco. Any particular mopar related stuff to look at in those areas?

Going on a business trip to Nashville next week and after that I fly over to San Fransisco. Any particular mopar related stuff to look at in those areas?
Hope have a great trip. In San Fran watch where walk you could step in $**t.:lol:

If you are in California long enough, check out the Fall Fling on the 23rd in Van Nuys. Also , take a drive south on highway 1 out of Monterrey. Beyond spectacular. If you do that, I'm at the southern end of it.

If you are in California long enough, check out the Fall Fling on the 23rd in Van Nuys. Also , take a drive south on highway 1 out of Monterrey. Beyond spectacular. If you do that, I'm at the southern end of it.
Unfortunately I have to leave the 22nd! Too bad, looks like a good meet up. How far down the highway 1 should we go you think?

I'd go at least to San Simeon. Just north of there is an Elephant seal viewing area plus you are right by Hearst Castle [not open right now due to road repairs and the state taking their jolly sweet time on getting it done]. Pretty neat. The road is windy and narrow. Distance from Monterrey is not far but plan on at least half a day for the drive one direction. Very spectacular scenery, places to pull over and view. Nepenthe in Big Sur is a very popular spot to stop at for food and drink. Ragged Point, further south, is another. As long as its not fogged in, you won't be disappointed. Was just thinking. If your gal is coming with you, go to Cambria which is a few miles south of San Simeon. Lots of arts/crafts/tourist stuff there. Eateries, B&B's etc. Just south of there is Hwy 46. If you are not inclined to double back on 1, you can take 46 east to hwy 101 and head north back to the Bay Area quicker than 1. Along that stretch of 46, which has some spectacular viewing areas of the coast from up high, are quite a few wineries to check out if you are into wine. In Paso Robles, which is where you'll catch the 101 north, if you go under the freeway and turn left on the frontage road you can go to the 805 brewery. Great beer and food there.

Last edited:
I'd go at least to San Simeon. Just north of there is an Elephant seal viewing area plus you are right by Hearst Castle [not open right now due to road repairs and the state taking their jolly sweet time on getting it done]. Pretty neat. The road is windy and narrow. Distance from Monterrey is not far but plan on at least half a day for the drive one direction. Very spectacular scenery, places to pull over and view. Nepenthe in Big Sur is a very popular spot to stop at for food and drink. Ragged Point, further south, is another. As long as its not fogged in, you won't be disappointed. Was just thinking. If your gal is coming with you, go to Cambria which is a few miles south of San Simeon. Lots of arts/crafts/tourist stuff there. Eateries, B&B's etc. Just south of there is Hwy 46. If you are not inclined to double back on 1, you can take 46 east to hwy 101 and head north back to the Bay Area quicker than 1. Along that stretch of 46, which has some spectacular viewing areas of the coast from up high, are quite a few wineries to check out if you are into wine. In Paso Robles, which is where you'll catch the 101 north, if you go under the freeway and turn left on the frontage road you can go to the 805 brewery. Great beer and food there.
Thank's! Will definately take this roadtrip tomorrow!
Look what was waiting for me at the hotel in Tracy, California when I arrived last night!

IMG_20211016_005852.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back