• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Charger wire harness questions

cj's mopar

Local time
8:09 AM
Reaction score
So two questions did the 68 chargers with column shift have the same dash harness as a Floor shift built car?
I currently adding factory floor shifter and console and can not find the 4way plug that comes off the main harness in diagram for console light harness .
Any body know if they have two different main dash harness?

What does the FSM show for a diagram? Separate or integral with the dash harness??

Should be the same. 1968 dash harness is on its own and is a rallye harness. Console plug is more than 4 pins. Console harness is two piece. One for just the console and a jumper harness that goes from the console harness to the dash.

Console harness Console Lamp Wiring Harness 1966-68 B-Body Auto W/Back-up light, Console Components B-Body, 104-CW102 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
Jumper console to dash. Console to Dash Wiring 1966-68 B-Body Automatic, Console Components B-Body, 104-CW104 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
So two questions did the 68 chargers with column shift have the same dash harness as a Floor shift built car?
I currently adding factory floor shifter and console and can not find the 4way plug that comes off the main harness in diagram for console light harness .
Any body know if they have two different main dash harness?
Another thing to look at is where your backup switch on your column plugs into the main harness. There should be two purple wires. Only reason I say look there is the flor shift has to now use those wires. Your harness must be 68 as 69 is different.

Console harness Console Lamp Wiring Harness 1966-68 B-Body Auto W/Back-up light, Console Components B-Body, 104-CW102 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts
Jumper console to dash. Console to Dash Wiring 1966-68 B-Body Automatic, Console Components B-Body, 104-CW104 Reproduction, NOS and Used Mopar Muscle Car Parts

Another thing to look at is where your backup switch on your column plugs into the main harness. There should be two purple wires. Only reason I say look there is the flor shift has to now use those wires. Your harness must be 68 as 69 is different.
Yes I have the two temnal reverse light connectors but it is coming out of the main harness . I jumped it there and the reverse light come on . No problem there .
The issue is where does the sub harness plug into the main for the console light harness? I can't find the.plug.. I have a 69 diagram shows 4 way connection ?
What should it be for 68.?

Yes I have the two temnal reverse light connectors but it is coming out of the main harness . I jumped it there and the reverse light come on . No problem there .
The issue is where does the sub harness plug into the main for the console light harness? I can't find the.plug.. I have a 69 diagram shows 4 way connection ?
What should it be for 68.?
Not sure on 68. I do know it is different than 69. Do you have a picture of your console wiring?

Thanks for everyone's help I am going to make my own harness from the left kick panel dome light wires pink and yellow to the console lights and tap into dash light orange feed for indicator Prindle .
The reverse light I am going to make my own harness from the switch to main harness plug. And use purple wire .
Semi custom install . LoL.

Thanks for everyone's help I am going to make my own harness from the left kick panel dome light wires pink and yellow to the console lights and tap into dash light orange feed for indicator Prindle .
The reverse light I am going to make my own harness from the switch to main harness plug. And use purple wire .
Semi custom install . LoL.
Did you look in the kick panel for that 4 wire plug. Here is a harness picture and that lead is very long.

s-l1600cccccc.jpg

Yea I did I don't have it it's crazy I can not find it . But my car was a original column shift car so maybe harness did not have light group options

Yea I did I don't have it it's crazy I can not find it . But my car was a original column shift car so maybe harness did not have light group options
As far as I know there is only one dash harness. Make sure it is not wrapped up somewhere on the rest of the harness.

Auto Transport Service
Back