• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Charger Nut and Bolt Rotesserie Restoration

The latest news

Well the car is slowly making its way onto the circuit this summer and is still getting detail items sorted out as I go. Thsi weekend I was invited to an invitational car show for Angel's, Hogs and Hotrods which is a charity organization that raises funds for kids with cancer to help them with financial assitance. My dealership was a sponser and partner with the event and I was honored to have been asked to bring my car for the show. It was held at a facility that is like no other called the Autoplexx in Chanhassen, MN. It is a complex where all the big boys store there toys and some cost upwards of million dollars and have the cars to go in it. They have another event the first Saturday of every month called Cars and Coffee and it draws thousands of people and some very unbelievable rides. It was really the first time I drove the car on the highway amongst all the idiot drivers in the city and made it to my dealership unscathed and it drove perfect. On Saturday afternoon I went over to the complex and checked the car in and enjoyed looking at some fabulous cars and was just happy to be invited. It was nice to hear the compliments and peoples stories of the Chargers they remember in the past. And everyone has a story or two. When it came to the award ceremony there were four classes and Best of Show awards. They awarded the classes and those vehicles hands down were the right choices. I almost fell over when they announced that the Best of Show winner did not just win but crushed it and then announced my car. I absolutely could not believe it and am graciously humbled by the honor. What happened next just made it even better. The car is going to be fully featured and will be on the cover of the magazine Wheels of Thunder and will be getting a full photo shoot with a Maxim model and also photographed for a calender too. This is all happening tomorrow so it is going to be an interesting day. I didn't think it was that nice! I will make certain I forward the pictures as I get them.

congatulations,you've put a lot of hard work into the car and now your time and effort has been recognized. you deserve it.:headbang::headbang:

Hello All, Both 68 Charger and I are well. Been a while...

Well hello all.

It has actually been a couple of years since I have been on the site and updated the thread with the car. It is doing very well and has come together and other than the few pesky bugs is complete. Well sort of!!! I will have to get on and post some additional pictures and restoration pieces for those who used to follow this. It seems that every show I go to it takes best of show. I am very humble and honored and can only hope that the sweat, pain, and empty wallet with this project will help others in their quest. More posts coming soon...

Just thought you'd like the new avatar too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Auto Transport Service
Back