• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Dodge Charger Pro Touring, My new Photos, Enjoy

benno440

Local time
7:49 AM
Reaction score
here is some more photos from the magazine shoot that I was lucky to have done here in Australia, enjoy.
small_IMG_8475.jpg
small_IMG_8492.jpg
small_IMG_8564.jpg
small_IMG_8567.jpg
small_IMG_8584.jpg
small_IMG_8594.jpg
small_IMG_8625.jpg
small_IMG_8635.jpg
small_IMG_8682.jpg
small_IMG_8613.jpg
small_IMG_8691.jpg
small_IMG_8711.jpg
small_IMG_8696.jpg
small_IMG_8697.jpg
small_IMG_8693.jpg

Great job, looks like allot of fun to drive!

Great car it's simply amazing looking. I really like the Mopar emblems in the wheels. That's cool.

Great photos Ben. Gotta love the B-Bodies sticker on the rear glass.

That is one sweet Charger Benno, I'm going to have to go back and look at my thread where you posted your wheels "really like them". Love the steering wheel, dash and air filter "cool car".

very nice ride there. would like more info on you dash. close up pic and who did resto? beautiful car.............

You have one gorgeous car well deserving of a photo shoot. Still love the air cleaner lid.

Some very cool custom work there Ben, and congrats on the magazine shoot :headbang: Love the FBBO decal :)

thanks guys, Dash and resto done by myself. here is a build sheet also for anyone interested. thought I would share since I had to for the magazine anyway.

ENGINE
Engine Type: 7.2L 440 Wedge, now 8.3L 505
Sump: Milodon 7 Qt road race pan
Crank: K1 4.25 stroke Rods: RPM H-Beam 7.100 length Bearings: Clevite Rod bolts: ARP studs Pistons: Keith Black ICON 26.7cc 4.350" forged Rings: RPM Compression: 10.1 Camshaft Brand/Type: Lunati, Hydraulic 300/305, [email protected] Lift & duration: .540 lift, 300/305. 252@ .50 duration Pushrods: comp cams magnum 3/8" Lifters: cam matched lunati micro-trol Rockers: comp cams roller rockers 1:5 ratio Cylinder Heads: Stealth 80cc Port work: yes Valves: comp cams stainless Valve Springs: lunati double valve springs Collets & Retainers: comp cams 10 lock Gaskets: cometic and felpro Oil Pump: Melling HV pump Fuel Pump: clay smith 6 valve mechanical Fuel Regulator: race pumps regulator Fuel Lines: 1/2" aeromotive lines Fuel Tank: stock with 1/2" pickup Intake Manifold: edelbrock ch28 dual quad, ported Carburettors: 2 x edelbrock 500cfm ported and tuned by diamond back engines 2 x 2" open carb spacers. Ignition System: MSD 6al Distributor: Pro billet MSD phased by FBO Headers: TTI 1 7/8" Exhaust system size and design: 3" x pipe dumped at diff Mufflers: dynomax ultra flows Wiring: ron francais
Cooling System: be cool radiator, SPAl dual fans Water Pump: edelbrock HV aluminium Braided Line: aeromotive and speedflow
Other items: custom fibreglass and airbrushed dual hemi air cleaner, march performance serpentine belt kit,

DRIVELINE
Gearbox: 1976 A833 23 spline OD gearbox, with 1969 cast iron ball detent main case Clutch: american powertrain kevlar 11" Flywheel: billet steel 11" american powertrain Current Diff: 489 8 3/4 with eaton true trac Ratios: 3:55
Axles: strange 31 spline Additional info: hydramax hydraulic clutch, stronger synchros in gearbox. Custom stainless shifter rods. lakewood scattershield and bellhousing. Green bearings.

SUSPENSION
Front end: Magnumforce chromoly and powdercoated k member, QA1 single adjustable coilovers, magnumforce, 2" swaybar
Rear end: Magnumforce chromoly and powdercoated adjustable 4 link, QA1 single adjustable coilovers. track bar.
Steering: mustang II power rack and pinion, flaming river column

BRAKES
Front: 12.14" wilwood drilled and slotted 4 piston calipers
Rear: 12.14" wilwood drilled and slotted 4 piston calipers
Master cylinder: wilwood dual tandem
Booster: right stuff 8", upgrading to hydratech brake system very soon
Additional info: stainless steel brake tubes and stainless steel flex line, wilwood 4 port and brake bias adjustable prop valve,

WHEELS & TYRES
Front Wheels: custom boze alloys shifter rims, 18 x 8, powdercoated black centres, polished lips, custom Mopar centre cap
Front Tyres: BF Goodrich G force 245/40r18
Rear Wheels: custom boze alloys shifter rims, 19 x 10, powdercoated black centres, polished lips, custom Mopar centre cap
Rear Tyres: BF Goodrich G force 295/35r19

BODY & PAINT

Colour: LL1 metallic dark turquoise poly white hat special roof
Body mods: fibreglass hood with 2" reverse cowl, front lip spoiler
Chassis mods: frame connectors, rear frame rail strengthening for the 4 link.
Graphics: airbrushed air cleaner lid

INTERIOR

Shifter: pistol grip with carbon fibre handle
Gauges: autometer auto lite II electric
Audio: pioneer 6" fronts, 6 x 9" rears, two subs and twin amps
Other: custom mats, LED light bulbs, custom boot and battery in trunk

GENERAL
Other Features: LED bulbs in every light except headlights which are H4.
headlight door actuators have been changed from vacuum to electric.

hows that handle with the magnum force components. i have the same front end kit ready to bolt up. not sure on the rear 4-link,have not bought that yet? ride and handle ok? also can you pm me on the dash. would like more info.

That is one SWEET Charger!! I know most fixate on the power plant, ok, i really do myself but i really love the interior in that awesome looking ride!

For a 'Down Under' car, you sure must turn heads. Not that many B bodies that good in Oz. Where in Australia are you? I am from Adelaide myself, well Barossa Valley to be exact.

One thing I would do different is use the alterkation 4 link. It allows for the exhaust to still come out the back of car not like mf.

- - - Updated - - -

Handles really well no body roll. Great traction. What d of you want to know about the dash

Wow benno440 . . . that air cleaner rocks ! ! What an incredible job - is that your handywork ??

That car looks great - ok, now I've got to get my car done and on the road ! ! !

I'd say have fun driving it - but it already looks like you're doing that ! ! ! Enjoy ! !

Where did you find the billet hood hinges ? ? Those look too cool - I can only imagine the pain in the wallet for them . . . ( sigh )

Auto Transport Service
Back