• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Road Runner to 2018 Chryslers @ Carlisle or bust!

Well..... Today was not my day. Tried to bleed the brakes and nearly rounded off a bleeder screw. Front resevoir went down too low. Yeah, I bench bled the MC, but now will have to bleed the MC on the car.
No difference between wooden dowel pushing it in on a vise and brake push rod pushing from inside the car, right?
I sympathize; my 68 Road Runner disc conversion was a brake bleeding nightmare. You give Fine Lines a grade 'C', well I give InLine Tube a grade 'F'.

You can bench bleed on the car. One piece of advice is to bench bleed with clear lines. Even tho you don't see, or hear any bubbles, there still could be some miniature bubbles. Bench bleed with clear lines in car is fine and have a helper monitor the bubble levels. This was a painful lesson learned (on top of many, many painful lessons on brakes).

Also, in my situation the lines were sucking some air at the proportioning block. The only remedy here was to tighten the tube nuts until they were damaged. I would have never done this, but after four weekends of fighting brake bleeding issues I called in a mechanical engineer I work with that was a former Porsche/BMW mechanic. He took this last ditch effort to get the brakes bleed. Now, I used InLine Tube lines, so hopefully your Fine Line product will seal better!

I'm watching this thread! Good Luck!

Thanks! Yes, last week I was reading your thread and the pain you went through.
I'm getting back on the horse in the next couple days. My body and brain need the break!

Auto Transport Service
Back