• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1968 Super Bee Fuel Tank Assembly

Superbee Sean

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Alrighty then……seem to be missing something here…..parts manual shows a grommet and a locking ring for the filler tube……and I’ll be damned if I can find them!!! Anyone have knowledge of these???? Btw……this is big, as in, the whole rear end rebuilt…..first part going on that doesn’t include welding!!!! Big!!!! Huge!!!! Light at the end of the tunnel!!! Small light, but none the less…..parts going on as opposed to not cutting and welding…..whaaahoooo!!! Thanks for help in advance

image.jpg

Soooo…the grommet hold that in place? Goes on the filler tube lip about half way down? I assume the backer mounts to something??
The seal goes into the tank opening and the filler tube slides into the grommet. I assume this backer thing you are talking about is the filler tube support bracket which should mount to the rear frame crossbar. You should have the FSM.

The seal goes into the tank opening and the filler tube slides into the grommet. I assume this backer thing you are talking about is the filler tube support bracket which should mount to the rear frame crossbar. You should have the FSM.
This what I have…..slot for the bracket lines up with new crossmember. And that grommet sound “tight” if it hold that seal….alrighty then, thanks mister!!!

image.jpg

Panora - “slides into grommet “? Lol, not an easy slide! But ur correct.

Will it fit on a 68?
Yes, here's a cut and paste from the ad:

Note: This is the correct grommet for 70 B bodies. Our other more common 64-74 grommet will also work and is the exact same physical dimensions but this correct grommet has an extra sealing lip that was added by Mopar for all 70 and later models.

Also, bulbous side goes INSIDE tank. See reference picture.

Dimensions - 2.900" OD, 2.350" Groove OD, 2.000" ID, 1.150" Ht

Mopar part# 3404182 (Old DMT part# EBX7074TG01)

Yes, here's a cut and paste from the ad:

Note: This is the correct grommet for 70 B bodies. Our other more common 64-74 grommet will also work and is the exact same physical dimensions but this correct grommet has an extra sealing lip that was added by Mopar for all 70 and later models.

Also, bulbous side goes INSIDE tank. See reference picture.

Dimensions - 2.900" OD, 2.350" Groove OD, 2.000" ID, 1.150" Ht

Mopar part# 3404182 (Old DMT part# EBX7074TG01)
Thank you sir!!

Auto Transport Service
Back