• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 bee on ebay worth it??

tonto

Local time
11:25 PM
Reaction score
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dodge-Coron...61a8ed859&item=301093279833&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Im looking at possibly going to look at this car my concerns are no title, fender tag or build sheet. plus the grille looks like its a normal coronet grille. It was posted on a local craigslist for $6500 and I just seen he posted it on ebay. I dont want it to slip through my fingers and regret not buying it. what are some things I should look for?

if you want a 69 Bee I'd jump on it. Didn't read the whole ad but saw the important stuff except fender tag. is it present and have you inspected the frame rails, dash and rear windows areas?

Looks like typical rust even though its got texas mentioned several times in the ad .. actually worse than most texas cars (not coast) that I've seen

I just looked again and saw no tag. It's a well outfitted car w/ AG, supposed SG, 4 speed console, etc etc. So I'd still say it's worth it but probably won't go for a fortune on ebay w/o the tag .. but who knows.

I'd still say it's in the right ballpark maybe swoop in and offer him $5K cash and carry if the lack of a piece of metal doesn't bother you.

I agree as above, if it were me Id bee all over it, typical issues all to be expected, the only concern for me wooud be how easy is it to retitle car/ register in your state..nice project car, not many out there. cant remeber the last time I ran into a bee project in my nick of the woods its been decades. best wishes!

sounds like it has a clear title. I sold one of those hoods for $2,000.00 Even without the tag, if it's a superbee, then don't waste time.
he said the title was clear, that is all that is needed to get a title in my state.

- - - Updated - - -

Now I see where he says no title. He is probably acquiring a title thru bill of sale. Is Mass A pre-80 no title state? , I don't know about Mass, but you can get those in Alabama. I got one for my 68' GTX that way.

He says he's a Mopar master craftsman, yet he also says the car has a "POSI". Just sayin'....

Take a mini floor jack and an old rug or good piece of cardboard when you go over next time and check the rear to see the ratio and if it's a SG and check the rest of the underside. SG may still have the tag on it

And a pair of good sturdy jack stands :)

He says he's a Mopar master craftsman, yet he also says the car has a "POSI". Just sayin'....

ha...ha...... red flags going up.

Suregrip differential gives it posi-tive traction.:)

Its been talked about on the other sites so I wouldn't waste to much time thinking about it.

Suregrip differential gives it posi-tive traction.:)

Its been talked about on the other sites so I wouldn't waste to much time thinking about it.

Is that better than having a Sure-Grip traction wise ?? :)

He writes : " I was lead to believe it was a real 4 speed car,BUT I am not sure! "

It has an automatic steering column.

ha...ha...... red flags going up.

He writes : " I was lead to believe it was a real 4 speed car,BUT I am not sure! "

It has an automatic steering column.

It is blue though so who know's. I"m sure it's had some parts pulled and replaced .. definately worth a crawl around and under to verify stuff and see what's under the hump and check the rad support and rear trunk rail.

Still has lots of the good stuff though whatever it is and I'm betting it's a superbee but verifying is certainly something that should be done

If you had a 2 dr coronet in the same shape and had to purchase the good stuff it has or purports to have i.e. the, AG, SG, console w/ 4 speed top plate and side cover, and correct trans etc it's still worth $5K pending inspection of the body itself

I really wonder about the shifter handle though .. doesn't look right

The pictures are dated 1/13/14, he says he has owned it a "couple of months", if it doesn't sell he is threatening to do "a full rotisserie restoration" on it, so why not do it and reap the larger rewards then as opposed to giving it away for a mere 5 or 6K??? The dude is not telling the real story here, why I don't know.... but I would approach this deal with caution....just saying.

if it doesn't sell he is threatening to do "a full rotisserie restoration" on it, so why not do it and reap the larger rewards then as opposed to giving it away for a mere 5 or 6K???

:car flipper:

Get the vin # and see if its stolen it wouldn't be the first time someone bought a car they thougt was clean.

That isn't a 69' shifter, but looks like a 70-71, 69' was round, with a T handle.

no title, fender tag or build sheet
Hmmmmm......I'd at least ask to see a pic of the stamped VIN on the radiator core and rear left trunk gutter from this "Master Craftsman"..

Way too sketchy for me, especially for that amount of coin and how much metal work you will be doing.

Hmmmmm......I'd at least ask to see a pic of the stamped VIN on the radiator core and rear left trunk gutter from this "Master Craftsman"..

Way too sketchy for me, especially for that amount of coin and how much metal work you will be doing.

yep me too... with no Title & no Fender-tag or no Build sheet, but can be acquired, what does that mean ??... out of thin air... I've seen allot worse sell for allot more too... check her out thoroughly, sounds like allot of rust issues in his description, being a North East Car, it could have some serious hidden problems too...

Thanks for the advice fellas. Im going to keep my eye on the auction and maybe place a few bids if it stays relatively low. I also messaged hi mand asked for pics of the VIN on the radiatior core and trunk gutter..... lets see how that goes

Auto Transport Service
Back