• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger 225 Slant 6

I don't think anyone is doubting the "rarity" of a /6 Charger. I think what is in doubt is the desirability and monetary value.

That said, I'm sure they have a loyal, yet disturbed group of followers:rolling:

and I LIKED my 78 runner, and would own another or a SuperCoup if the right car came along

Rarity is no guarantee of desirability. Such as.... '69 Y2 super bee with a V1T tan top, H2G green interior, F8 udf, black scoops, and black stripe. Rare color combo indeed. But a damn ugly combo. Sometimes things are rare because nobody wanted them at the time, and not as valuable today because still nobody wants them. But if you attach a certain name (GG) to any mopar, people all of the sudden think is worth 10k more.

if you go to the charger site you will find they are rare and alot of people want one.
especially with gas prices .

Well, none of them will have to worry about the likes of me bidding against them on one of them.:rolling:

Just my opinion.I appreciate original numbers matching cars,but if I was lucky enough to find a great shape charger with a six,the first thing I would do would be to pull the six and put it in the back corner of the garage.I would drop in a 383 or 440 and drive the car for fun.That way if I was ever inclined to go back I could put the six back in.If I am driving a charger it's not for mileage,it's for fun.I don,t want to stop somewhere and then be embarrased when I open the hood with a six in it,because I would be.Maybe that's just me.If I'm looking for mileage,it won't be in a mopar.

Just my opinion.I appreciate original numbers matching cars,but if I was lucky enough to find a great shape charger with a six,the first thing I would do would be to pull the six and put it in the back corner of the garage.I would drop in a 383 or 440 and drive the car for fun.That way if I was ever inclined to go back I could put the six back in.If I am driving a charger it's not for mileage,it's for fun.I don,t want to stop somewhere and then be embarrased when I open the hood with a six in it,because I would be.Maybe that's just me.If I'm looking for mileage,it won't be in a mopar.

I dont think it would be embarrassing , in fact i bet you would cause more stir and attention with the six under the hood . People love to see things that are different .

I dont think it would be embarrassing , in fact i bet you would cause more stir and attention with the six under the hood . People love to see things that are different .

Thank you!:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

about laughing at a sixer owner, that's not cool. I'll respect that you would but isn't that being a baby? I understand about the mod tops and that does make sense. If the A12 Superbee is only "rumored" to being restored how can you say it WILL reappear?

well clearly the value and desirability are questionable and not to mention constroversial. I see it as 100% a point of view of whether or not it is something that "fancies" you. For example 696pack doesn't like 6sixers, I do and it seems so does MoparStuart.

As for it being imbarassing well one shouldn't be subdued by peer pressure so easily. It is OK to have a sixer otherwise there would be fewer Darts and Scamps around.

Ah,let me reword my crappy post.That's what happens when you type while in a narrow-minded frame of mind and post without thinking.I am not putting down 6's for people who like them.I have had them and they were good engines.That's just not the drive train that I would look for.Yes,it would be different.At the point I am at on my rusty wagon,I would'nt actually care if the car had a squirrel under the hood.

Hows that crappy, that is an excellent idea you have.

OK one more thing I've heard it the Holley version is tempermental and the Carter is very versatile and tunable.

i know this is not a musclecar per se but my wife and i recently got a '77 volare premierthat was all original at an auction that had a /6 in it and me or my wife don't plan on changing anything on it.it is her car and she is happy as a squirrel in a nut tree with it.a lot of people ordered /6's because of cheaper insurance.

this little baracuda is so nice and clean , great car . I would love too have it .

P5080086.JPG

P5080088.JPG

i dont have anything against them what you like is what you like. me personally i wouldnt want one for the power factor. i would hate to have a little ricer pull up next to me and smoke me never stopping to find out its only a 6 just to have them go tell all their little ricer buddies how they smoked a mopar muscle car. like i said though its your car unfortunately i dont think i can help you find one i dont really see to many 69's for sale and when i do smallest is 318 or rolling chassie but good luck in your search.

I know it's not a B-body, but those /6 hemi 6 pack Aussie Chargers are freakin' sweet.... just to be different.

Mark another one up for "cool"!:eek:hyes:

Yeah, but would he BUY one if he had the opportunity and LEAVE the /6 in it?

The point being missed here is that the basic car is worth X amount simply as the Charger body, /6 or V8. However the value/desireability of the car as a /6 is very questionable. As another poster said earlier, most would remove the
/6 and add a 383 or 440. Some might keep the /6 in the garage but the likelyhood of it ever coming home to the car is not good.

Yeah, but would he BUY one if he had the opportunity and LEAVE the /6 in it?

The point being missed here is that the basic car is worth X amount simply as the Charger body, /6 or V8. However the value/desireability of the car as a /6 is very questionable. As another poster said earlier, most would remove the
/6 and add a 383 or 440. Some might keep the /6 in the garage but the likelyhood of it ever coming home to the car is not good.

Well I will keep saying it is a point of view and if you want one and think it is worth it then:edgy: and the same if it is just a parts car. Obviously the Charger body has a value but why go through the trouble of even bothering with the sixer body if you have to buy a K-member, and such to make it at least a 318 car (or any other motor) for the fact.

Just buy a 383 car or a 440 car. But a hemi car is on the other hand as limited in production as the sixer. The hemi however is not as rare being the fact that it got all the glory. Yes 696pack you are right once again, but I am still crazy and love bizzare mopars that the factory cranked out.

To ignore the sixer, in my opinion, is to ignore history and you might aswell have a hot steamy one and take it all over the Charger name plate.:rolling::rolling::rolling:
(Do I sound crazy or what?)

On a serious note can we move on to the subject of carburetion in the departments of the Holley and the Carter

i think its funny when we go to shows and i open my hood, people walk by my buddies challengers and cudas to check out the hopped up 6. now i know i couldnt sell my car for half of what i have into it. but who cares. im not in it for the value. im a car guy. sounds like some people around here just need to compensate for where they are lacking in other places. :) if i could find a clean slant six charger i would leave it and drive it everywhere. and then listen to all the guys at the shows tell me "what motor i should put in it"

P2152308.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back