• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 charger 500,Aero car

This is what the car looked like when I owned it.

20220914_062405.jpg

20220914_062349.jpg

20220914_062416.jpg

There was a green on green one like that sitting in a back parking lot on the Coronado Navy base in San Diego In the late 80's I happened across. Looked like it was there awhile, likley the owner was on deployment. Left a note, never heard nothing and was gone a few months later.
If it's the same one (and it probably is, 4 Spd, primer around the back window plug) it was parked in front of the barracks at the Amphib base in the 70's... I tried to talk the guy into selling it a few times, he wasn't interested in selling and he wasn't interested in fixing it up either..

The AMD Daytona window moldings were made using the dimensions from the moldings on this car. And the new moldings were laid over the ones on this car to make sure they were accurate.

If it's the same one (and it probably is, 4 Spd, primer around the back window plug) it was parked in front of the barracks at the Amphib base in the 70's... I tried to talk the guy into selling it a few times, he wasn't interested in selling and he wasn't interested in fixing it up either..
Wife and I spent most of our spare time on the Amphib base auto hobby shop in the 80's. Good times.

Wife and I spent most of our spare time on the Amphib base auto hobby shop in the 80's. Good times.
I spent a good bit of 78-79 there... LOL... Looking at Google Earth I think it's gone now...

Its going to be interesting to see what Travis gets for my former aero car! When I traded it for the 70 V code Charger R/T I thought I was a very even trade. Now that the car has been restored I am wondering what it will bring and if I made the right choice.

Its going to be interesting to see what Travis gets for my former aero car! When I traded it for the 70 V code Charger R/T I thought I was a very even trade. Now that the car has been restored I am wondering what it will bring and if I made the right choice.
I know prices have gotten stupid high on Chargers... but Rick Hendrick sold an F8 green automatic on BAT last summer for $68k. Oh... and I think the ‘70 looks better. :D

The bid is up to $75,100 right now on ebay for it,with a 110k buy it now price. When I bought the car in 1994 Charger 500s didn't get much love,and could be bought for the same money as a Charger R/T. Most people didn't like the grille or the flush rear glass. They were considered a failed experiment and didn't get any respect, other than the fact they were rare,even though the 500 actually has more Nascar wins than the Daytona did.. That's why I had no problem putting the nose and wing on the car. It had a Superbird wing on it when Gary and Pam bought it back in the early eighties. So the tops of the rear quarters had already been drilled out before. Someone back in the day actually sawed the tip off the Superbird wing where it bolted onto the top of the drivers side rear quarter panel to clear the gascap! Once I converted the car to a wingcar it got way more love and attention as a Daytona Charger. I just finished up where Creative Industries left off. Most if not all of the Nascar Daytona Charger racecars had the same thing done to them. I had just bought the car when a friend of mine called me and told me he was at the Boston World Of Wheels Custom Car Show and a guy has an original Daytona wing for sale. I had him get the guys phone number and went and bought the wing. After a while I started noticing that the 500s were starting to get respect and the value was going up on them,I started thinking about putting the car back to the 500 configuration. I had sold the original nose and grille from the car. That's when I saw Troy's ad on Moparts looking for a Charger 500 project and wanting to trade a matching numbers 70 Charger R/T V code car originally from California. It needed a lot less metal work than the 500 did. At the time I valued both car between 20k and 25k with all the parts that came with both cars. I was able to round up another nose an had a few extra 68 Coronet grilles that came with the car when I bought it.

The car is up to $80,100 now and climbing on ebay! How high will it go? I was going to sell the 70 V code Charger R/T in 2020 for 35k,but covid ruined the sale. I'm glad everyday that I didn't because it's worth double that now!

Auto Transport Service
Back