• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger R/T at the NATS 2004.....(not for the faint of heart)

'68 Charger

Local time
10:46 AM
Reaction score
I finally found these pics stored deep into my P/C and wanted to share them on the WWW.

Anyway, the year was 2004 at the Mopar Nationals in Columbus, Ohio at National Trail Raceway.

This guy had a 1969 Charger R/T on display for parting out onsite. Someone buys a part on an agreed price and the buyer has to remove it themselves, Pull-A-Part style. The owner even supplied a jigsaw and blades. My guess is that the owner was fed up with the car and took his frustration out by having it parted out. He wouldn't allow someone to buy the Charger as a whole car, parts only.

As the saying goes "This thread is useless without pictures" well here you go. You've been warned.

101_0112.JPG

101_0113.JPG

101_0126.JPG

101_0127.JPG

What an idiot. I could see that happening in the late 70's, but not 2004. T5 copper as well, one of my favorites.

what is the car next to it? Looks like a Cuda top, but a Charger quarter

The guy butchered three buildable Chargers that weekend. There was a 68 318 car,a 69 R/T SE with a Dana in it, and a 70 383 car that was an R/T clone. They were picked by vultures by the end of the weekend. The 69 was for sale in the swap meet area,this moron bought it and let everyone cut it up with the other two Chargers.

The guy butchered three buildable Chargers that weekend. There was a 68 318 car,a 69 R/T SE with a Dana in it, and a 70 383 car that was an R/T clone. They were picked by vultures by the end of the weekend. The 69 was for sale in the swap meet area,this moron bought it and let everyone cut it up with the other two Chargers.

:wtf::screwy:

Heres a pic of the 70 thats next to the R/T in the pics above. It was a complete car as well before the cutting began.

Photo_2023-04-23_194728.jpg

Last edited:
There was a 68 with the other two by the end of the weekend. They were all buildable cars.

I used to cut up rusty New England cars when there was no replacement sheet metal to rebuild them with, back in the early eighties, but by 2004 there was parts to save all three of them. The 69 R/T SE was the worst of the three rust wise,and it needed the typical Charger pieces most cars in the rustbelt needed. The pictures of the car with the red Road Runner next to it were taken before the guy bought it and put it over with the other two Chargers to be cut up for parts.I watched in utter disbelief as they hacked the cars to pieces, especially the R/T SE! He would not sell the Dana rear axle out of the car,and at the end of the weekend he loaded the three carcasses on his trailer and drove away with what was left of them!

Last edited:
Unfortunately, we all did it... an RT/SE is sad, but about that same time I parted an International Red Carpet Scout. One of three Scout 80's in a package deal for $300. They all looked like this one.

Unfortunately, we all did it... an RT/SE is sad, but about that same time I parted an International Red Carpet Scout. One of three Scout 80's in a package deal for $300. They all looked like this one.

[/URL]

Who would have thought a day would come when an old unrestored Scout would be worth almost $40K!!

When I restored my Coronet Convertible I parted out and cut up two 68 coronet 2drs, one 68 coronet 4dr and a 69 cornet 2dr...all would have been buildable cars today.

Auto Transport Service
Back