• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Charger R/t Bumblebee stripe or Delete

larris

Local time
4:32 AM
Reaction score
Hello,

I am looking for some help in decoding my fender tag with what my 1969 Charger R/T came with for a tail stripe. I understand V88 would have been the fender tag code for strip delete but I am not seeing one for a bumblebee stripe and the color. Does a Charger R/T automatically get a stripe with no need of a fender tag code? If that is the case how can I know what color?

FenderT.JPG

The stripe would be standard issue and V88 would delete it. If the stripe was deleted then there is no color listed on the fender tag to denote which color it was as their was no need. No stripe equals no color needed on the tag. Is this your tag in the pic? If so, it has V88 at the top right therefore no stripe color needed. If there was no stripe, it had the R/T emblems on the quarters which I kinda prefer as they look classy.

1664972505462.png

Last edited:
I looked over that V88 was on the fender tag:BangHead:. answered my own question. Thank You.

V1X gives you a black vinyl top. The tricky thing is once you hit 1970 with the cudas and all their different stripe packages and molding options. Then the codes get to be alot. Pretty simple on the B bodies until then.

I prefer 2ND Gen Chargers without but have owned several that came with the stripes so they stayed on. Same goes for a vinyl top. I prefer without but have owned more with a vinyl top over the years.

The stripe would be standard issue and V88 would delete it. If the stripe was deleted then there is no color listed on the fender tag to denote which color it was as their was no need. No stripe equals no color needed on the tag. Is this your tag in the pic? If so, it has V88 at the top right therefore no stripe color needed. If there was no stripe, it had the R/T emblems on the quarters which I kinda prefer as they look classy.

View attachment 1353022
I’m just the opposite. The emblem looks slapped on to me, and takes away from the curves. But my ‘70 has those fake scoops on the doors so… what were they thinking? :D

I’m just the opposite. The emblem looks slapped on to me, and takes away from the curves. But my ‘70 has those fake scoops on the doors so… what were they thinking? :D
I agree, my 70 R/T S.E. has the door scoops. It came with them, so they stay. I have never liked them. The door indentions into the body lines are what makes these cars.

I agree, my 70 R/T S.E. has the door scoops. It came with them, so they stay. I have never liked them. The door indentions into the body lines are what makes these cars.

That's honestly why I like my non R/T 68 better that its R/T counterpart because it came with the standard roof which most R/T's got the vinyl roof and the door scallops I feel make the whole side of the car. There's like 5 different body lines coming together in that area and it is just so awesome!

Auto Transport Service
Back