• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Coronet R/T Convertible 'Audrey'

What kind of tires should I get for Audrey?

• BF Goodrich Silvertown White Stripe Radial

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Just to recore your existing tank headers or you talking a new reproduction? Had mine done (new Spectra core using my tank headers) by my local old school 3 generations shop and the 80 year old Father (2nd gen) came in to do it for his son. Looks like new out of the box... $460 Cdn. He did my last radiator in 1988 and it's still in great running shape.

Just to recore your existing tank headers or you talking a new reproduction? Had mine done (new Spectra core using my tank headers) by my local old school 3 generations shop and the 80 year old Father (2nd gen) came in to do it for his son. Looks like new out of the box... $460 Cdn.

Either or, they are about the same price. My was a new reproduction since he had a special during Carlisle and with the shipping it was cheaper for a new one.

Car's looking GREAT ! What did the radiator rework cost you?

I paid $818 for the work on mine. There was a few small dents...it probably didn't need to be re-cored but I opted to do it since it was a fresh build. Glen-Ray is expensive...but their work truly is out of this world. The radiator in my car is a small font 054 - 26" radiator...these were also used in hemi cars so the value is there.

I paid $818 for the work on mine. There was a few small dents...it probably didn't need to be re-cored but I opted to do it since it was a fresh build. Glen-Ray is expensive...but their work truly is out of this world. The radiator in my car is a small font 054 - 26" radiator...these were also used in hemi cars so the value is there.

Yea it must not have needed much straightening! Plus you will not find ANYONE today who stands behind their work like Bob.

Thanks... mine's a "hen's tooth" one year only 053 x 22". Took me two years just to find a rebuildable unit. Tank needed a few dents removed and was recored using a Spectra Supreme core. As is unit cost me $464 Cdn, in my hands, and the recore/rebuild was another $460 Cdn. $924 Cdn total ($720US)

beerestoration2018 1166.JPG

Yea it must not have needed much straightening! Plus you will not find ANYONE today who stands behind their work like Bob.

This is true...he wouldn't even let me pay for the work until I seen it...companies like these are hard to come by.

Awesome to see another one getting done properly. Welcome to FBBO.
Wish I had your budget. :)

Yea...I don't get it...but that's one of the things. There is one more item *hint* drivers side of the car.

It came from the factory as a radio delete car. Whomever installed the radio later in life also put the antenna on the wrong fender. Who ordered a convertible without a radio?

Oh Lance, you had me salavating until “radio delete”......

It looks very nice. Congrats!

Oh Lance, you had me salavating until “radio delete”......It looks very nice. Congrats!

lol thanks Doug! Well...she ain't nearly as purdy as your white drop top. I was really hoping to finally meet you at the MN show this year! :(

It came from the factory as a radio delete car. Whomever installed the radio later in life also put the antenna on the wrong fender. Who ordered a convertible without a radio?

Oh that stinks! Mine was radio delete but it had a factory AM/FM with rear fader installed at the dealer.

IMG_0391.jpg

I'm interested in your shop for possible future needs. Troxells Garage, near Pismo Beach. Any easy drive for me. Very similar car. And, the shop can practice on yours!

Last edited:
View attachment 577249
I'm interested in your shop for possible future needs. Troxel, near Pismo Beach. Any easy drive for me. Very similar car. And, the shop can practice on yours!

Dennis...I highly recommend him! Feel free to PM me if you need some more details...but also check out his website. He is a regular over at the Dodge Coronet Registry but I'm hoping he becomes more of a regular here as well. :)

Beautiful car btw!!

Nice car with great color combo. My car is somewhat the same but with white top and a 500 not an R/T.
Heater box was hell to rebuild. The said thing is that the car is not finished. Divorse will always kill the bank account.
Had to stop in 2016 with the work. Here is were I am at now. Car is all original except that I added scoops. Real 4 speed rag.
Cheers,
69 Rag paint & body finished Dec.22 2014 037.JPG
AC Box Installed 014.JPG
AC Box Installed 021.JPG
air conditioning box before 020.JPG
Rag AC Done Finally 022.JPG

Nice car with great color combo. My car is somewhat the same but with white top and a 500 not an R/T.
Heater box was hell to rebuild. The said thing is that the car is not finished. Divorse will always kill the bank account.
Had to stop in 2016 with the work. Here is were I am at now. Car is all original except that I added scoops. Real 4 speed rag.
Cheers,View attachment 577279 View attachment 577280 View attachment 577281 View attachment 577282 View attachment 577283

Yup those AC boxes are a project but worth it when the temps climb!

Work progressed yesterday on Audrey. We are waiting for the transmission cross member to come in from Brewers (hopefully Monday) so Andy rebuilt my Hurst competition plus snifter as it was pretty gunked up.

20180301_212937000_iOS.jpg

20180301_190146000_iOS.jpg 20180301_203813917_iOS.jpg 20180301_194348000_iOS.jpg 20180302_043405000_iOS.png

I am still trying figure out how the wood screw and three washer got in there. Maybe trying to put the shift boot after one too many beers LOL. Now looking at that picture I see where I left my socket.

You drove it like that Lance?

Auto Transport Service
Back