• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 coronet tail lights

Super guy

Local time
5:09 PM
Reaction score
Hello,
Why do some 69 coronets have 2 tail lights and others have 3 sets?
Thanks!

welcome to fbbo
it would depend on the model440,500, rt or bee
the bee taillights changed over mid year in the model run
from 2 to 3 bulbs so it would depend on the build date of the car for them.

Last edited:
Is he talking about the difference between the Coronet with 2 tail lights and the Coronet R/T with the third tail light in the middle. By the way welcome the the board.

superbee and coronet 440 has 2 and Rt and 500 have a fake tailight in the center, whole different piece back there.

image.jpg69 Coronet R/T. 500 same tail panel.

I always wanted to ask, is your R/T a hemi, and has it always been a San Jose car? I was stationed with a guy that had a yellow Hemi R/T, and he was from from San Jose. We were stationed together in 1972 In North Dakota. I lost track of him, when we were transferred to different Bases. Just curious.

I always wanted to ask, is your R/T a hemi, and has it always been a San Jose car? I was stationed with a guy that had a yellow Hemi R/T, and he was from from San Jose. We were stationed together in 1972 In North Dakota. I lost track of him, when we were transferred to different Bases. Just curious.
Not a Hemi. Not a local car. Bought in Allentown in 1988. Wish I had the History.

Well thanks, it is a beautiful car. Yellow with black stripe makes it. My Dart is the same color with black stripe, So I'm biased.
69' Coronets are about the nicest looking of the 69' Mopars in my book. Sorry to the OP, I'm not Trying not to turn the post.

69' Coronets are about the nicest looking of the 69' Mopars in my book.

I knew you were a swell guy.

For the OP...

The Coronet 500 and R/T have the two long tail lights (as posted by Dennis) and center reflector.
The Deluxe, Coronet 440 and Super Bee have the three lights to a side segmented tail lights.

As Flypaper said, there is an 'early' and 'late' design to both versions.

So I don't know if you are talking about how they look at night when they are on or if you just wanted to know the difference between the three to a side, like on a Super Bee version, and two long lights, like on the R/T.

welcome to FBBO,
how about some background, photos etc.

Auto Transport Service
Back