• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Daytona Wing OEM

Droop69

Local time
6:34 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know how to identify an original Daytona wing? Or does anyone have detailed pictures of a known original wing?

Thanks!

The uprights?, the cross member? Or both?

Kind of striking out on this. Does anyone know someone I can talk to? PM me if you want...

I am hoping to go to the shop where the wing is this week , as they r closed for the holiday week till 2024

I took some pictures of my original Daytona wing for you.

20231228_160437.jpg

20231228_160528.jpg

Thank you for posting the pics. I think the wing I have is an early reproduction made in the 80's, it is made of aluminum but solid on the bottom not hollow.

The first aluminum reproduction wings Dane was selling were solid aluminum. He offers hollow ones now.

I wasn't aware he was still making them, I thought he quit years ago...

The solid ones are heavy. I picked one up when they first came out,I was suprised how heavy it was.

Yes, I think you could drill and tap for the correct spots on that one.

Back when those wings came out,they didn't have full OEM style rear quarter panels,only quarter skins. I was concerned the weight of those wings would stress the bodywork where the quarter skins were blended. Now with OEM style rear quarters this wouldn't be an issue as long as steel wing washer trays and wing braces were used with the wing.

Yes, I would think you would need all of the OEM braces and support to work properly.

Auto Transport Service
Back