• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Superbird brake booster/master cylinder combo

4406bbl

Local time
6:52 AM
Reaction score
Does anyone know what is concourse correct for paint on these? My original appeared to be painted gloss black, including the 4 nuts that attach the master cylinder. I thought I read in a procedure/build article by David Patik on wing cars that stated this as how it was done, painted as an assembly. I also bought a new master cylinder from a Bendix dealer in 1979, had to be special ordered, it showed up date coded 1969, also painted black. Booster Dewey says there is no way possible Bendix painted these items assembled, so which is considered correct by the judges? I know for sure mine was semi-gloss firewall plate and gloss black master and booster with some black still on the 4 nuts. Disc brake car, I see xs22 on this board also says painted as an assembly. Thanks

Painted as an assembly is what I have always been told. At one time I had what was called a judging book for Superbirds, which I can't locate now as my car has been done for over 20 years now.

I’ve always heard and seen black also

IMG_1397.jpeg

That settles it, everything was painted gloss black. I need to correct one thing I said, it was Karps power brakes that said they were never painted that way, not Booster Dewey. Thanks again

Auto Transport Service
Back