• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 EF8 4 speed Road Runner convertible number matching beauty (not mine) on eBay.

not only is that an Awesome Car,but the Ad is outstanding as well!
looks to be a Very Good seller.
thanks for sharing :)

Nice car. I wonder what the odds are? Back in 1973 I test drove one exactly (and I mean exactly) like this one (except it was beat to hell back then) from a used car lot in South Bend, Indiana. As much as I wanted it, my better judgement prevailed, (as did my girlfriend) and I took it back to the lot and declined all offers from the salesman on the car. Could it possibly be the same car moved east a couple states and restored? I've always wondered what happened to that Road Runner that I test drove in '73. It's possible?? :confused:

Nice car, but for a guy who says that he restores 10 Mopars per year, why didn't he paint the sides of the radiator support flat black? Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

Nice car, but for a guy who says that he restores 10 Mopars per year, why didn't he paint the sides of the radiator support flat black? Sorry, just a pet peeve of mine.

I agree! Just cause he "restores 10 per year" doesn't mean he does it perfectly or correctly. But you have to admit, it isn't too bad of a car, considering its 47 years old.

PCV valve and grommet should have been painted orange with engine, wrong PCV valve, wrong Master Cylinder, wrong distributor cap, battery ground cable should have orange overspray on it from engine painting, battery may or may not have been "Red Cap", probably not, has a rubber grommet in carpet around the dimmer switch, that's a no-no, wrong spark plug wire separators, underside completely painted black, factory didn't do that, etc, etc., just to point out a few of the incorrect items along with the lack of the radiator support blackout paint.

But I still like the car, a great looking driver.

Last edited:
Better than most you see but MANY incorrect restoration items. Also missing the correct one year only trim rings among everything else already mentioned..
Ron

Price is too high. The other car from ebay is much more correct. For 80 large, I should not be able to pick apart things like hose clamps, cog belts, plug wires, crusty wiper motor, funky horn wiring, crusty horn relay, unpainted sides of the radiator supports, yellowed washer bottle, painted and rusted horn bolt, wrong ballast resistor, missing firewall insulation spikes, green heater box retaining nuts, etc, etc. Not saying it's a bad car, but for that kind of asking price, it should be perfect.

197_P2208_58.jpg

197_P2208_25.jpg

Yeah nice car for sure

I'm with RC :iamwithstupid: thou a 383ci car, even a convertible for $62,500 is a bit high priced
or "maybe" 383ci cars are finally getting some much needed respect,
instead of the red headed step children they've been for decades...

but there's an a$$ for every seat

I still like the car even with a few faults...

Price is too high. The other car from ebay is much more correct. For 80 large, I should not be able to pick apart things like hose clamps, cog belts, plug wires, crusty wiper motor, funky horn wiring, crusty horn relay, unpainted sides of the radiator supports, yellowed washer bottle, painted and rusted horn bolt, wrong ballast resistor, missing firewall insulation spikes, green heater box retaining nuts, etc, etc. Not saying it's a bad car, but for that kind of asking price, it should be perfect.

197_P2208_58.jpg

197_P2208_25.jpg

Richard, I could not have said it any better and I could not agree with you more!! Not one thing should be incorrect for that kind of money! I never understood a restored car with an old yellowed washer bottle. If it was a survivor, I could understand but when they do that to a freshly detailed engine bay, I don't get it. I am a purist at heart and appreciate your knowledge of the car and the incorrect items on the car. All my friends break my chops about it but now I know I am not the only one! Thanks!

Auto Transport Service
Back