• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

***Not Mine - 64 MW car on Ebay

Well, its also originally a 426 street wedge with a '63 engine. Kind of a clone also.

Then you have the seller. Neddys Treasures with 37 transactions, no ratings, member since 2006. Sounds suspect.
s-l400 (4).jpg
s-l400 (3).jpg

This Belvedere Max Wedge has a 426 C.I. Factory Period Correct Max Wedge V8, Dual 4BBL Carburetors, A833 4 Speed Transmission, Galen Govier Documented 426 Street Wedge Car, Engine is 1963 426 Stage II That Was Rebuilt to '64 Stage III Specs, Original Stage III Cross Ram Intake, Original Trick Factory Manifolds w/ 21” Long Runners, 3” TTI Exhaust w/ Correct Cut Outs, 8 3/4” Rear w/ 3.55:1 Sure Grip Ratio, Correct 625 CFM Carter Carburetors, Motor Completely Rebuilt in 2012 at a Cost of $25K, Car Was Completely Restored in 1996, Block Stamping– 426 TMP HC / 2-26-13, Casting 2406730-1, Correct 15” Steel Wheels w/ OEM Dog Dish Hubcap

That car SOLD for $17950 ! Original or Not, that was a steal for a MW 4spd. Not sure what it looked like on the finer details, but there was a lot there for that price...

VIN 64 Belvey V8 held on with pop rivets?

My guess is its a scam - based on the ad for the same car in another state. About 12 years ago I won an Ebay auction for a concession trailer. It seemed too good to be true and it was. The trailer was supposedly in Boston and I won it for $6700.. Without going into all the details I knew within the hour that it was a scam. And then we found the real ad for the trailer and it was a more realistic price of $29,000.. HOWEVER, its important to note that when I informed Ebay and gave them all the supporting info their reply was that had I paid with Paypal my payment would have been "insured". That was it ... they did nothing to inform the other bidders that it was a scam. Basically, all the "seller" is interested in is getting the $500 deposit within 24 hours of auction close. They email every losing bidder telling them the winner has defaulted and they can have the trailer for whatever their bid was - just send the deposit.

Then you have the seller. Neddys Treasures with 37 transactions, no ratings, member since 2006. Sounds suspect.

thats exactly my thought too.
only thing they had sold previously was some old books,
and bought a bunch of carp to raise their rating.

Basically, all the "seller" is interested in is getting the $500 deposit within 24 hours of auction close. They email every losing bidder telling them the winner has defaulted and they can have the trailer for whatever their bid was - just send the deposit.

Bingo...thats the whole scam in a nutshell right there.

i lost 5 grand eons ago buying a house,from a handicapped mopar " friend "
the owner did the same thing,led us all around like fools.
you can imagine the tempers the day i went to claim my house,
and there was 3 other cars there with confused looking people too....
all of us waving papers and receipts and none of it mattered.

Seller has zero feedback in over a year and everything there was from back then is for $100 or less items. Someone stole their identity and listed a bogus / stolen advert to get a down payment or more so hoping to get them to wire transfer outside Ebay.

E-scam

Sign Scam Alert.jpg

if not, it's a good buy...

sounds phishy
wonder if the org. owner is a Nigerian Prince :poke:

Saw that car too. Couldn’t figure out what was going on. Seeing it on the dealer site clears it up real quick. Cool car for sure.

Clone or not, if that sale is legit somebody got a deal.

Somebody got quite a deal at that price. That's my old car. I put the Max Wedge engine in it after I bought it. I sold it for $40,000 back in 2008 when gas prices were around $4 a gallon around here.

Last edited:
Someone got a hell of a deal.. IF it's not a scam.. '64 is a nice year for the Plymouth and with a 426 ...something wrong here. Their feedback is screwed up , it shows 37 yet there is no positive, negative, or neutral listed.

Auto Transport Service
Back