• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 GTX....The T stands for tetanus

Nicely done, can you tell a difference?

I haven't really gone on a test run. The burnout was me just having fun. I haven't really ripped into it up to speed but it idles nice, moderate acceleration is crisp.

I always used a rolling start to test mine and a stop watch. Like how long it took to get from 45-90.

Or if you knew at what point (mph) you could break the tires loose. But I guess that's only for torque. Guess you'll have to use the butt G meter.

:rofl:

I had my professional inspector @Billccm look at it, and it is very tempting.

I thought you were going to collect one of every year Coronet?:poke:

Thank goodness I did not get Bill's text until after lunchtime when he went to see it! oh and I have it do it in order so it needs to be a '69 for me to buy it now...

Last edited:
How's the X treating you lately?
Hey Tim, car is running great, no issues. Been driving it 3 to 4 times a week to work. The new Edelbrock carb is impressive, glad I made the switch. I did remove the choke hardware from it. I also swapped out the street slicks for the Coopers for better burnouts lol. I don't know what's next for it other than driving it.

How's your X coming along?

Slow I'm afraid, to much overtime. So I'm burning a week of vacation the last of this month to get some work done on it. Have you had a chance to get it to a dragstrip for some time slips?

Slow I'm afraid, to much overtime. So I'm burning a week of vacation the last of this month to get some work done on it. Have you had a chance to get it to a dragstrip for some time slips?

No. Closest track is in Chandler and open racing is on Friday nights. I work Fridays and Saturdays so I would have to plan in advance with work and maybe make it an overnighter. I would like to though.

She knew we were talking about her....pass side headlight is out lol. Luckily my garage is stocked with spare parts including headlights.

Dat ***!
20190510_173104.jpg

Sitting here contemplating swapping my tires back out for the set of Nitto 555R street slicks. After racing a motorcycle this morning and spinning the Coopers up past 55 mph lol I think I need the traction. And I did reel him in :)

Auto Transport Service
Back