• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 r./t se charger total restro

It will like it even more once I start to work on it,A few things to move around n a couple more cabinets to go up n I'm sure I will arrange things a few times before I'm done

IMG_0765.JPG IMG_0766.JPG

Need a little advice on where I went wrong,and a possible fix,there seems to be a big gap on left hand end cap on the charger.The right side fits like a glove, all other areas line up fine,bumper,trunk lid etc,

IMG_0791.JPG

I think I had a little of the same problem on my 68, but can't tell from that pic. Can you post more pics, different angle views?

Nope original to the car, is it possible these can distort over time?
Was there some work done on that corner? Another question, is that cap tightened down?
These things are die cast so I don't think they would get distorted unless something heavy was sitting on it over an extended amount of time because they will break if you get heavy handed .

Hope this helps.first pic is patching when I tried to cut it loose,that isn't going to work,just created more work.

IMG_0799.JPG IMG_0800.JPG IMG_0802.JPG IMG_0803.JPG IMG_0804.JPG

Ok, I see now, very similar to mine. I did several things to make mine better. They are now very close to right and most guys can't see any problem. I used glass filler to help, on the tail and the extension., just a tad of reshaping here and there. Before that tho, I also very carefully tweaked/twisted/and tapped on them to get them fitting better., but beware they will break easy.. If I were you I'd cut and weld some metal reinforcing to go inside behind the blown out area on the tail where they attach so you can snug them on. My problem was caused by a new tail panel not made exactly shaped the way they should have been used with my old original extensions.

You are exactly rite,the tail panel is of on the left side as when they welded the tail lite in place it is set to far in,at least a good 1/16 inch.I allreaddy did want you suggested of welding the piece in n have use the fibre filling to try n close the gap n using the chrome piece to hide it a bit thanks again
Ok, I see now, very similar to mine. I did several things to make mine better. They are now very close to right and most guys can't see any problem. I used glass filler to help, on the tail and the extension., just a tad of reshaping here and there. Before that tho, I also very carefully tweaked/twisted/and tapped on them to get them fitting better., but beware they will break easy.. If I were you I'd cut and weld some metal reinforcing to go inside behind the blown out area on the tail where they attach so you can snug them on. My problem was caused by a new tail panel not made exactly shaped the way they should have been used with my old original extensions.

I have a 68, and they never really fit worth a damn......I mean better than the one you showed, but the edges compared to the quarters and the rear curved area aren't perfect at all. The ones at shows that look perfect were never that way from the start. I think those guys massaged the hell out of them and quite honestly even though it looks good, I prefer the original fit and finish. Car looks great man keep up the great work!
:thumbsup:

Have not updated for a long time but finally laid down the under body n engine bay.Now that life is good n new shop is functional progress will move along.

IMG_1528[1].JPG

more updates,installed gas tank n placed diff under car.

IMG_1573[1].JPG

IMG_1569[1].JPG

Attachments

• IMG_1572[1].JPG
    IMG_1572[1].JPG
    37 KB · Views: 20
Last edited:
Another pic of diff n drive shaft n a pic of leaf spring spacers.Repo stuff is sure a way of???

IMG_1577[1].JPG

IMG_1575[1].JPG

IMG_1565[1].JPG

Springs are at shop now to get re arched.Waiting for the call to pick up my diff pig as i got a sure grip installed n just going with the 3.23 gear for good higyway cruising.

Auto Transport Service
Back