• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Road Runner facelift

Oh I'd never stretch a piece of plastic or poly tarp over it.

Thanks for the link.

dave you wouldn`t believe how many people put a poly tarp on cars and esp. ones with fresh paint ,and don`t skimp on the price :headbang:

Cal Car Covers rock! I had one for my '10 Challenger. Nice fit, very soft and kept all of the dust and crap from coming through.

A couple of nice flannel sheets under a genaric car cover work nice too and give some extra padding.

one last dust off and I put it away with the new cover.

IMG_8839_zpsfb04ff73.jpg

IMG_9482_zps84a2db88.jpg

Dave how do you like your cover can`t get a finer one !

It's a great cover. I decided to just unscrew the antenna rather than to put an antenna hole in the cover.

Dave, there is nothing I could say that hasn't been said yet! But I'll say it again anyway, AMAZING. I had followed your build up till just before you had it in paint and then took a break from reading on the forum. To come back and check up on your build was worth every second of reading. The car looks fantastic and I love everything about your build. Seeing your and the other builds has helped get me back in gear to work on my projects. So again, great job.

Thanks, very nice of you to say.

Dont be mad that I have it sold.

I did, that's true.

But it's a helluva neat story.

You guys have watched me roll around in the dirt and rust flakes, ripping bad metal off like a caveman, just thrashing on this build (seasonally)

Well... A guy that owned this car over 40 years ago tracked me down, tracked the car down I should say.

He.... the lucky guy... I don't think I need to explain how incredible this scenario is. Departed for 40 plus years, longing for his teenage car, his first car. Now in his 60's, yeah, he found that old brown plymouth with the white top.

Bucket list stuff here, he has to have it.

How can you argue with that?

The car is on the other side of the wall from my office as I type this. It's still here, but I agreed to sell it to him.

Can you believe that?

Really???

It blows my mind.

You'll have to post a picture with him smiling as he gets behind the wheel again! I

Thanks, very nice of you to say.

Dont be mad that I have it sold.

I did, that's true.

But it's a helluva neat story.

You guys have watched me roll around in the dirt and rust flakes, ripping bad metal off like a caveman, just thrashing on this build (seasonally)

Well... A guy that owned this car over 40 years ago tracked me down, tracked the car down I should say.

He.... the lucky guy... I don't think I need to explain how incredible this scenario is. Departed for 40 plus years, longing for his teenage car, his first car. Now in his 60's, yeah, he found that old brown plymouth with the white top.

Bucket list stuff here, he has to have it.

How can you argue with that?

The car is on the other side of the wall from my office as I type this. It's still here, but I agreed to sell it to him.

Can you believe that?

Really???

It blows my mind.

I think this is one of the coolest story's ive heard in a long time, i can only imagine what he is feeling, all of us can relate to this one, which one of us wouldn't love to have the same car we once drove with those young memory's in them! This guys going to be on cloud 9 for a long time and i hope he has the time of his life in it, the best thing is thanks to this thread he can see that you put your sweat and heart in it and its been done right, how could it get possibly better for him?, heck i would probably keel over dead if it was this happening to me from the excitement lol, Good for you making a dream come true Dave!

Huge Kudos to You NortherDave - this was an incredible story, and made even better due to the fact that you made it all come true for him. That took a great sacrifice on your part, to part with a car that you've been building for yourself as a keeper. And I commend you for your decision - you're an honorable man.

My hats off to you NortherDave.

I'm cleaning up the air grabber assembly for under the hood, started yesterday. I'll get all the hard pieces installed today and it looks like I'll be ordering a new boot from herbs, the old one is too dried up and cracked, wouldn't look good on there.

Then for the air cleaner lid, same... sand it, repaint, apply new decal...

oh... all the fun tinkering sorts of tasks that I looked forward to as a car owner lol... Now I'm doing it so the car looks a little nicer when the new owner gets here.

It's going to be quite the reunion.

I will take pictures.

WOW! What an incredible thing for one human to do for another. What a sacrifice for the consideration of a complete stranger. This is also Karma in action. One day you will see if you haven't already, and maybe that is why this is happening? In any case you have my utmost respect and admiration you are truly selfless.

Air grabber is back where it belongs. Need a new boot but the hard pieces look pretty good under there.

IMG_3322_zps12253d39.jpg

IMG_3454_zps056f5994.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

wow, got a few bugs on the radiator, lol.

Sweet! Congrat's on your sale Dave. Mighty nice of you to even contemplate selling after all that hard work and attachment to the car.

Auto Transport Service
Back