• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee Carb:

This is a good example of WHY simply having the BS does not ensure getting a proper tag made. Whoever remade the tag missed a detail that should be on the tag.

Oh boy, this tread turned into a game. Find the flaw in the tag???

None of this matters if the car doesn't actually exist for sale....
first things first.
Don't want the OP to wind up holding an expensive pig in a poke!

According to the build sheet, it's a pretty low-optioned car. The only thing that catches my eye (if I can read the broadcast sheet on my phone) is a rallye dash, a clock and hood mounted turn signals. The rest is kind of plain Jane, but that's ok too.

Last edited:
According to the build sheet, it's a pretty low-optioned car. The only thing that catches my eye (if I can read the broadcast sheet on my phone) is a ralleye dash, a clock and hood mounted turn signals. The rest is kind of plain Jane, but that's ok too.
It does have power steering and brakes also.

Each plant has certain nuances to the tags that help identify whether a tag is legit or not. This tag is lacking certain characteristics typical of a tag for a 69 St. Louis (9G in the VIN) car.
I am not understanding.It has H9G on tag and ID

I'm not saying things are cool or not cool.
What I AM saying is, doing some rudimentary online searching, I cannot find any current listings
for that car anywhere, but I am finding old listings - going back some years in some cases - on
some of the more well-known questionable websites out there.

It's ALWAYS good practice, on any such potential purchase, to do your due diligence. Homework,
research, whatever you want to call it - gather up enough tangible, credible evidence the car first
actually exists and is being offered legitimately by a real person.

If it is, then insist on either a) yourself or b) a trustworthy representative for you to inspect the
car in person. Lay hands on it, check out the various stampings, markings, any documentation
offered.
I mean, we're talking a ton of loot here, right? Call the "owner" on the phone. Dig up whatever
history is online for the car. Dig up whatever info is online of the owner.
There's WAY too many scams, fake deals and false websites out there to do otherwise.
I sent you a PM.

According to the build sheet, it's a pretty low-optioned car. The only thing that catches my eye (if I can read the broadcast sheet on my phone) is a rallye dash, a clock and hood mounted turn signals. The rest is kind of plain Jane, but that's ok too.

Rallye Dash with clock would be standard in the Super Bee.

A04 Radio group gave the car the radio, PS, 3 speed wipers, remote mirror and Deluxe wheel covers.

Tinted glass, PDB, Vinyl top and fender mounted turn signals ordered.

So, nicely optioned for 'driving ease'.

Each plant has certain nuances to the tags that help identify whether a tag is legit or not. This tag is lacking certain characteristics typical of a tag for a 69 St. Louis (9G in the VIN) car.

Ok so what are certain characteristics missing on this tag.
My Rag 500 tag is abit rusty with a few pin holes but I can still read fine.
It is a 69 St. Louis build. I had a new tag made by Marti auto works and I can not tell the difference other then the tiny punch through inspection mark hole and the 3 digit pressed in marks up by the right mounting screw hole...And the bend in the tag at the other end.

Ok so what are certain characteristics missing on this tag.

I can not tell the difference other then the tiny punch through inspection mark hole and the 3 digit pressed in marks up by the right mounting screw hole...And the bend in the tag at the other end.

I'm honestly not sure if you are being serious. You answered your own question.

Auto Transport Service
Back