• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1969 Super Bee Gas Leak

69dodgesuperbee

Local time
1:58 PM
Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

Like I say in all of my posts, I am pretty new to Mopar so speak slowly and clearly. :)

I have a 1969 Super Bee and have an issue every time I fill it with gas. When I fill it and drive the 3 miles home and park the car, gas will drip out of the vent tube in front of the gas tank. It will leave up to a 2' diameter puddle on the garage floor. When I fill it, I stop filling as soon as the nozzle shuts off.

My car has what seems to be two vents. One that goes up into the trunk, over to the passenger side and back inside the frame rail. The second (this is the one the gas comes out of) is very short and comes out of the tank and travels up by the drivers side shock mount, loops over and opens toward the ground. You can see both in the pictures below.

I have a new non-vented gas cap on the car. I have tried to remove the gas cap when I get home after filling it and there does seem to be some pressure in the tank.

My questions is, how do I get the gas to quit dripping after every fill? Does anyone else have this issue? Is it common?

Thanks in advance for your help.

Gas Line in Trunk.jpgGas Tank both Lines 2.jpg

Pretty common. Search for previous threads on the subject. Check for linked or blocked vent tubes, that's what I found on mine.
I'm sure others will chime in.

Same here. I routed the tube in the trunk higher (looped) and the problem was solved. I"ll get a pic when I can.
Check for other threads as suggested.
image.jpg

image.jpeg
This is the passenger side rear wheel housing side showing the vent routing. Looks like it was used to hold rear deck speaker wiring.

Auto Transport Service
Back