• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 440 HP Question on block cast date & is it correct date for my car?

wtate

Local time
9:24 AM
Reaction score
I have a 440 engine with the casting # 2536430 - 5, the casting date is 5-14-69. The pad on on the drivers side in front of the intake manifold has "F 440" then below it: "11 10HP".

My car is an original 1970 440 Six Pak car without the original motor. I'm wanting to put the correct motor back in the car (non-numbers matching) with the correct date, get it as close as possible.

My car was built between November 21st -November 25th 1969. I've heard that you should have a date that is no more than six months before the car build date. I'm wondering if this is true with block casting dates? I'm just over 6 months between casing date & build date. Also is the engine assembly date designated on the pad with the "11 10" November 10th?

Found this engine a long time ago and just want to make sure it's the correct one before spending money rebuilding it etc...

Any ideas on finding the original number matching motor would be helpful as well.

Any help here would be really appreciated.

Thanks,

Wayne

Thanks for this info on being the correct cast date for a 1970 car.

Does it fit with the build date of the car? Also do you know what the numbers in front of the HP mean "11 10HP" ?

I'm grateful for any other info you'd be willing to share.

Engine i d #s..

Yes that motor will work for your car, 11 10 hp means the motor was assembled on Nov 10. It's a hp block and F means it's a 1970 motor.

Auto Transport Service
Back