• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 b-body Passenger Mirror Option

maybe it was Uncle hanks girlfriend having some hanky panky and she was pulling on the mirror! This would explain why both mirrors had dimples!
Kinda like my buddies new truck back in the 90's... two weeks old and the hood had two dents... That perfectly matched the married female co-workers butt cheeks... :lol:

It looks tangy, like some Sherbet ice cream. You ought to let good looking girls lick it and get some pictures.

NOS door skins are not dimpled. I've had them and a friend also has a pair of NOS & no dimples. I don't have any direct pictures of the mirror area on "the Roach", but if you look close enough at the pictures below, you can see that the door is not as severely dimpled as others in this thread. The dimples are caused by overtightening the mirror.

1700132104542.png

1700132258821.png

1700132455133.png

KD's second pic shows a slight over tightening dimple but is visually distorted/difficult to see clearly by the paint discoloration caused by the shape of the mirror base.

Also note that the pic of the two orange doors shows very differently shaped dimples- one of which is very irregular.

I agree, hanging on the mirror can also cause the dimple, but is has to be a hard hang, like the full weight of a child.....but I've sen that happen more than once.

IMO- maybe they should have stamped a flat spot.
That would have certainly helped to prevent over-tightening dimples.
Again, it's extremely easy to do, especially the first time you put one on.

75-79 does have multiple dimples, but they are dimpled into the door skin.

These were definitely factory dimples
1700142723980.jpeg

Was that an original set up?

My car wasn't coded for one...I installed it by measuring the left side to have them a uniform distance from the leading edge of the door.

No factory mirror. Anchors observed inside the door were drilled out. Mirror matches drivers side original in design and dimension.
Welp something is off then. I have a hard time believing this was an issue for all or even many cars out of the factory. To claim it’s useless, I suppose it is for your set up.

No interference on my 66 and 67 cars-
Pass side mirrors

...and the post below says 69 factory install doesn't hit the vent, either.

Here is a sampling.
My ‘70 that came with stock with no RH mirror:

8727ABFB-6D6B-4023-8614-C2FCB63D1D18.jpeg

This is Jigsaw. Factory equipped.

63043C49-EAE0-40A0-BF97-B1709EA99066.jpeg

‘68 Satellite. Not sure if it was originally equipped:

57AC35B0-872C-40F9-A3D3-DBEFC67BAD6A.jpeg

‘69 Coronet, also unsure if it had one originally.

B9C8751A-9DAB-4BAC-B92D-FFE7D25DFAA4.jpeg

Without pulling out a tape measure, it looks like they all cleared the vent window but there is some variance.

Dennis needs to find that eight year old boy & have him hang on his mirror for a few minutes....

Removed my left mirror and took a picture. Sure enough, the forward hole is bulging upwards a bit. The shadow line where the mirror base was sitting is just a difference in paint color. It isn't bulging or distorted; and it's smooth to the touch. Also, it isn't a line from a repaint. I'll probably buff it out and wax it this weekend. Otherwise, I won't be able to sleep. :p

IMG_20231116_181726049.jpg

Auto Transport Service
Back