• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

1970 Charger 500, 12v to 5v dash voltage limiter

G.V.Charger

FBBO Gold Member
FBBO Gold Member
Local time
12:38 PM
Reaction score
No fuel, temp or oil presure, gauges, worked up till a couple of months ago. Does the dash, have to come out, for access?

It's obviously easier if it were out, but no - folks have been successful in doing it "in-car".
Helps to be young and limber - and have skinny fingers. :)

Mine was fairly easy to doin dash. I also changed it to a solid state limiter.

Nope you can change it all with dash in. Ive done it to many times. For dash being pulled you have to remove windshield for 2 bolts I believe.

Nope you can change it all with dash in. Ive done it to many times. For dash being pulled you have to remove windshield for 2 bolts I believe.
Huh? You must be talking about the dash frame . The cluster itself is about 15 min job

Depends if you have done it before.

But my point is he does not need to pull the dash frame for the 5v limiter.

Finished the job a week or so ago. Dropped the steering column for access, The owner picked up a factory replacement limiter, and everything is back to normal. I told the owner, about the RTE unit, and he has one on order.

Auto Transport Service
Back