• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

FOR SALE 1970 Charger RT XS29 not mine (Wrecked in Oklahoma) No bids yet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rustymopar

Local time
8:10 AM
Reaction score
Contact seller

Attachments

• 30682723_3X.jpg
    30682723_3X.jpg
    34.6 KB · Views: 4,616
buy now there is one to buy a piece of cake to fix ,have fixed many like it and worst not a big rust bucket

If you look at the link. It will be a live auction in person and online Thursday at 12 noon. I put an electronic sealed bid on it.

LOL at the "This car will go for under $5k". I bet it brings double to triple of that. i'd buy that all day, every day for under $5k. Problem is with these sealed bids is you don't know what they sell for. Did you see the '70 Super Bee in Dallas Copart (VIX) a couple weeks ago?

I can see $10,000 worth of parts.

Good luck on that, Rustymopar. I hope we see you starting a Charger project on this site. :)

I based the $5k comment on the lack of bids and participants before I saw it was sealed. It probably will go for $10k, after I started digging around on the site. The fewer the viewers and bidders though, the lower the prices. I watched some of the live auctions yesterday and was stunned by some of the deals. That also impacted my under 5k comment. But an RT - yeah..$10-12k is my second thought. I will be online tomorrow watching for sure.

I based the $5k comment on the lack of bids and participants before I saw it was sealed. It probably will go for $10k, after I started digging around on the site. The fewer the viewers and bidders though, the lower the prices. I watched some of the live auctions yesterday and was stunned by some of the deals. That also impacted my under 5k comment. But an RT - yeah..$10-12k is my second thought. I will be online tomorrow watching for sure.

I buy frequently from Copart (late model rebuilders), but have never purchased through their VIX program. I really hate it because it's "sealed" bid, and you can't even preview the car?! At least I presume that's what the "VEHICLE NOT IN YARD TIL SOLD" notation means at the bottom? What bothers me is that I'm quite confident the car IS already in there yard, judging by what's in the background of the pics. Like I say there was a rollover '70 Plum Crazy Super Bee in the VIX auction at the Dallas facility two weeks ago. And knowing that facility, I could clearly recognize buildings and cars in the background as being the Dallas Copart lot. But when I asked about previewing it I was told "No". So I didn't even bother to bid. :angry1:

Cool site and find, A day on a frame rack would do wonders for that one. I think it'll bring more than 5k. There's a lot of great parts there

I doubt this car is actually for sale unless there is a ridiculously high bid submitted. These type sealed bid, approval required auctions are often just the insurance company (in this case probably Grundy or Hagerty) trying to get an idea of the value of the car in its wrecked condition. If I had to wager a guess, I'd bet the owner probably wants to keep the car and the insurance company put the car on Copart to get an objective value. They will then give the owner a check for the agreed coverage value minus the auction price allowing the owner to keep the car.

Odd, when I click the top link now, it says my current bid is $14,600. I haven't bid anything on that car. Good thing the reserve wasn't met.

Me too!! They say that the insurance company is having them fix it instead of totaling it. Um, then why was it up for auction on Coparts???? Something smells fishy!

Me too!! They say that the insurance company is having them fix it instead of totaling it. Um, then why was it up for auction on Coparts???? Something smells fishy!

I was just gonna bring up the graveyard carz development too. Wonder what the hell is going on with this car?

I tried replying a comment to the owner on gyc's facebook post but no reply so far, I was curious how the accident happened. Probably gonna be a new texting and driving commercial "this is the text my sister was sending when she rear-end totalled a '70 Charger R/T.."

- - - Updated - - -

Nevermind, looks like it was taken off coparts. Guess I'll wait to see it on TV now lol
:popcorn:

I know this car.the guy that had the car is a mechanic at a dodge dealer around the corner from my house.i looked the car over about 6 weeks ago.i just saw him driving it a few weeks ago after it was hit.nice car.it was converted to a 4 speed.too bad.i was told it was a daily driver.too bad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Auto Transport Service
Back